You won’t find a more eclectic crowd than the creatives that flock upon Austin’s annual music festival and meeting of the minds, South by Southwest (SXSW), so we’re making sure what we pack fits that vibe: cowboy boots (check!), a leather jacket (oh yeah!), and finally, a cool canvas tote to carry as we do our part to keep Austin weird. Browse these 20 Brit-approved totes you can buy and DIY for the culture fusing festival.
2. Tie-Dye Tote ($18): There are two places at which tie-dye is totally appropriate: the beach and the festival grounds. Relish your timing with this stripy teal tote.
3. Monogram Knit Tote ($108): We’re obsessed with these boho-inspired monogram totes. Sure, they’re a bit of a splurge for your average canvas carryall, but we’d pay the price for personalization.
5. Blue Aztec Tote ($22): A classic Southwestern pattern in a swoon-worthy color palette. Need we say more about this covetable tote?
7. Young and Free Tote ($20): And…cue the Clueless soundtrack, “We are young...”
9. Metallic Arrow Tote: This might take the cake for trendiest tote (those metallic arrows are so freaking cool!), and lucky you—it’s totally DIY-able. Print out the stencil here! (via Little Yellow Couch)
10. Geometric Print Tote ($25): If you ask us, this is the end all be all of tribal patterns. With a bold geo graphic and neon color blocks, it’s like this bag was made for us.
12. Compass Tote($22): Can there be a more appropriate tote bag to take to SXSW? ;)
13. Instagram Tote: Here’s a DIY to do while you’re at the festival. Snap away at every Instagram-able moment you see, then when you’re back at home, print ‘em out on iron-on transfers and take to your tote. Memories! (via Brit + Co.)
15. Factory Canvas Tote ($20): Nautical-style rope straps meets a tribal pattern sac in this eclectic number, and we totally approve.
16. Guitar Pics Tote ($22): Are guitar pics the new polka dots? For SXSW, they just might be! ;)
18. Baggu Custom Duck Tote Bag ($35): Eye prints were huge this winter, and by the look of it, it’s a trend that seems to be carrying over to spring. The graphic is super playful—we’d definitely give it a try this festival season.
19. Picnic Blanket Tote Bag: When you take this colorful DIY tote off of your shoulder, it can transform into a picnic blanket big enough for two. How cool is that? It’s a must-make for the festival grounds. (via Brit + Co.)
What canvas carryalls will you be taking along to SXSW or other festivals this season? Which are your fave to buy? Or do you stick to DIY-ing this basic bag? Tell us in the comments below.