12 Stylish Tote Bags That Commuters Will Love
Today’s commuters have to stay one step ahead on the fashion front to ensure that they have exactly everything they need to go from home to work and everywhere in between without skipping a beat. And, more importantly, they need a stylish bag that can keep up. Large purses are your best bet when it comes to toting your life (i.e., laptop, wallet, makeup, phone, and all of those odds and ends). So scroll down for a selection of roomy, versatile buys that are as fashionable as they are mass-transit friendly.
1. Longchamp Le Pliage Club Medium Shoulder Tote ($140): Chances are, you’ve probably seen this classic tote on the shoulders of dozens of commuters like you. It’s no surprise that this durable, sleek bag is a go-to given the fact that you can fold and store it for days when you want to live tote-free.
2. Madewell Medium Leather Transport Tote ($158): A good tote should always have fuss-free style. Madewell’s clean and minimal design goes with all your work wardrobe favorites, whether your office is laid-back or suited up.
3. Modcloth Camp Director Snapped Tote ($49): This bright, structured tote can be worn as a crossbody or a shoulder bag for ultimate comfort. Plus it’s just the right size for your laptop and files, and it can even double as a gym bag.
4. Everlane Day Market Tote ($175): Everlane calls this tote your “all day bag,” and we can see why. It’s not just beautiful, it’s also roomy and structured to fit as much as you need without wearing down.
5. Anthropologie Leopard-Printed Tote Bag ($78): Show off your wild side, even if you have to wear a suit every day. A pop of animal print adds a bit of excitement to your ensemble without looking over-the-top.
6. Urban Outfitters Reversible Tote Bag ($59): Get the most outta your accessories with a reversible leather bag that is so timeless it can even work on weekends (hopefully you won’t have to).
7. A New Day Canvas Tote Handbag ($30): Strong canvas and faux leather finishes make this bag the ideal carry-all for the office or on the weekend.
8. ASOS Design Bonded Shopper Bag with Removable Tablet Case ($40): This two-in-one bag and tablet case gives you a little added bang for your buck. Protect your e-reader or tablet from getting damaged, even if your bag is stuffed to the brim.
9. H&M Black Handbag ($50): If you work in a more formal office, keep it simple with a cleanly constructed bag that can easily double as a briefcase.
10. Baggu Cloud Bag ($50): This easygoing bag is ideal for daily toting, whether you’re going to the office or on a weekend getaway. It also includes an interior zipper pouch to store your toiletries.
11. Herschel Supply Co. Market Tote ($60): If you’re weeping over having to leave your fashion backpack at home, meet the next best thing. This functional tote is casual enough to pair with sleek jeans and structured enough to go with your nine-to-five wear.
12. Zara Technical Fabric Tote ($30): This smaller tote houses your tablet, wallet, or whatever you need during the day so that you don’t have to worry about crowding other commuters on the train.
Do you have any recommendations for work bags? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.