6 Trendy Ways to Layer Your Jackets Like a Street Style Star
There’s more than one way to cover up during a polar vortex. Instead of leaning on oversized puffers that may be more function than fashion this season, turn to stylishly paired jackets and coats that pull double duty when the temps dip to disturbing new lows. Layered outerwear is having an exciting fashion moment, be it a teddy over a tweed blazer, faux fur plus a denim jacket, or a puffer coupled with a classic trench. Street style stars are creatively breaking rules and proving that there’s no *right* way to add on in 2019. Keep scrolling to learn exactly how to get in on the jacket layering trend that’s all about varying lengths, contrasting textures, and snuggling in plenty of warmth.
1. The Long and Short: Recreate your own by throwing your favorite jean jacket over a camel-colored coat. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty Images)
2. Seriously Oversized: A good trench is essential. Hit the thrift stores to find an oversized version you can throw on over a blazer or heavyweight button-down. (Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images)
3. Bold and Bright: Don’t be afraid to integrate a bold pop of color into your outfit with a neon pink number. Fuzzy statement coats complement patterned jackets and play well with mesh dresses and patent ankle boots too. (Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images)
4. Metallic Mash-Up: Jacket lengths definitely don’t need to match, especially when they are this showstopping. Pile a shearling lined coat over a textured pea coat for a unique and exceptionally warm outfit. (Photo via Claudio Lavenia/Getty Images)
5. Mixing Textures: The Canadian tux is a look for sure, but add a fuzzy, faux fur and you’ve instantly stepped up the fashion game. Mix multiple textures and layers to keep things interesting instead of choosing just one piece. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty Images)
6. Au Naturel: This year is all about the neutrals. Try a traditionally standalone, two-piece suit and up the ante with a long topcoat under a puffer. Pair with camel shoes, a muted clutch, and gold hoops (obvi). (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty Images)
Tweet us your favorite way to layer jackets @BritandCo.