16 Must-Have Nail Polishes for Spring
Break out the softer, prettier colors and bright, bold patterns. Not only is it the season to don our fave pastels on our fingertips and experiment with fun seasonal nail art, it’s also prime time to rock those bright candied lacquers and finishes. Here are 16 spring shades that are a little soft, a tiny bit bright and a whole lotta awesome.
1. Butter London Teddy Girl ($15): This pastel pink hue is a springtime staple. It’s also a classic choice for those upcoming weddings and events.
2. Pixi Soft Seafoam ($8): This semi-matte seafoam green has the perfect amount of shimmer for a fun spring weekend. Pixi’s formula is also three-free and has built-in UV protection to keep your polish from discoloring.
3. Essie Perennial Chic ($9): Beige and nude-colored hues are always in for spring, but Essie’s Perennial Chic adds a peachy tone that’ll bring an edge to your warm-weather mani.
5. Dior Rose ($27): Gold-flecked sheer pink polish is a must-have for every nail-polish enthusiast. It’s perfect for weddings, date nights and even the office.
6. Essie Garden Variety ($9): This deep, creamy teal is a wonderful color that will help you shift your color palette into the warmer months. Wear it on your toes and pair it with a minty green manicure for your next seaside getaway.
7. Formula X For Sephora Infatuated ($11): Everyone needs a gorgeous pastel blue in their spring nail polish collection. Formula X’s Infatuated is a sweet powder blue that’ll look great with just about every outfit.
8. Nails Inc. NailKale Marylebone High Street ($14): Nail Inc.’s highly anticipated, limited-edition NailKale collection contains kale extract, said to stimulate keratin to hydrate and nourish nails. Our favorite? The watermelon-coral Marylebone High Street.
9. NARS Kalymnos ($20): We can just picture rocking this muted grey-lavender shade for Sunday brunch with our girlfriends (avec Champagne, of course!).
10. Orly Passion Fruit ($4): Orly’s punchy pink lacquer is made for those warm-weather days when you need a little more color in your life. The orange-pink hue dries to a satin-matte finish, so we definitely recommend pairing it with a glossy top coat for added shine.
11. Formula X White Party ($23): It can be a little overwhelming to select pastels for your spring nail lacquer arsenal. Formula X’s limited-edition White Party Set contains four white-based shades that will work well for any springtime occasion. Added bonus: They’re also free of parabens, phthalates and sulfates, and are three-free.
12. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Technopagan ($10): Looking for more of an edge? This blackened-blue pearl metallic shade is a welcome break from those pastels and corals.
13. Deborah Lippmann Misty Morning ($18): Named after the Bob Marley song, this sheer blue-gray captures the mood of early spring mornings.
14. Scotch Naturals Paisley Martini ($12): If you’re looking to get away from the light, sheer spring pastels, Paisley Martini is a great way to break out of your comfort zone. This water-based formula is also vegan, gluten-free and three-free.
15. Essie Picked Perfect ($9): This rich caramel brown polish contains just a bit of red violet, and is completely opaque in just two coats.
16. Scotch Naturals Canal Street Daisy ($12): Don’t wait until summer to bust out those punchy lacquers. Scotch Natural’s geranium-peach creme is a go-to sunny day shade that we absolutely love.
Which of these shades are you dying to get your hands on? Let us know it the comments below!