5 Spring Outfits Guaranteed to Wow at Sunday Brunch
“Show up, dress up, and treat yo’self to bottomless mimosas” — say hello to our new mantra for taking on Sunday brunch like a champ. Not just restricted to preppy spring shift dresses and essential espadrilles, there’s more than one way to brunch on in style. Whether you’re indulging in croissants at a French bakery on the UES or enjoying a nice picnic spread in the park, we’ve got you covered with five foolproof spring #OOTDs to rock. You’re welcome.
1. Urban Sophisticate: Here’s an outfit that seems to say “brunch hard or go home.” Introducing the flouncy red skirt that pairs well with anything/everything, including a playful ringer tee that confirms your weekend availability. Proceed to rack up the compliments with a set of fringe-tastic pink tassel earrings and pom-pom-adorned camel slides that are ready to dance the cha-cha (ya know, just in case). For good measure, throw in the quintessential denim jacket and a half-moon-shaped straw clutch that’s perfect for stowing away just the essentials.
J.Crew Ruffle Skirt in Cotton Poplin ($98), Ban.do Available for Weekends Ringer ($48), Madewell The Jean Jacket in Pinter Wash ($118), BaubleBar Gabriela Fringe Drops ($48), Kate Spade Idelphia Sandals ($110), Shiraleah Natural Sofia Half Moon Clutch ($35)
2. Boss Babe: If by brunching, you mean networking with like-minded #girlbosses over Bloody Marys and avocado toast, then you can count us in. While the striped one-shoulder ruffled top establishes a work hard, brunch harder ‘tude, it’s the minimalist gold-plated hand earrings that lend an It-girl edge. Throw in some trend-right slip-on mules, a paint-splattered pouch (probs for stashing away a stack of your calling cards), and distressed blush tone jeans for a slay-worthy look that hits the mark. Any takers?
Pixie Market One Shoulder Ruffled Sleeve Shirt ($52), Loeffler Randall Zip Pouch ($150), Topshop Alexa Slip-on Mules ($52), Young Frankk Hand Earrings ($76), Madewell x Where I Was From Slim Straight Crop Jeans ($145)
3. Bohemian Goddess: For impromptu picnics in the park — BYOB (bring your own brunch!) — or al fresco cafe seating, you’re going to want to keep things easy-breezy. Allow this embroidered off-the-shoulder dress to take center stage by teaming it alongside a ceaselessly chic Panama hat and lace-up pom-pom gladiators that would do the festival gods proud. Keep your hands free with a fringey suede cross-body sac and up the wow-factor with some super fly rose-gold mirrored sunnies that demand attention.
Joe Fresh Wide Brim Panama Hat ($14), Scotch & Soda Embroidered Dress ($179), Crap Eyewear The Tuff Patrol ($66), Rebecca Minkoff Fallen Phone Crossbody ($145), Sam Edelman Lisabeth Embellished Lace Up Gladiator Sandals ($110)
4. Girl-on-the-Go: Maybe you’ve just wrapped up a fist-pumping workout or perhaps you’ve got a jam-packed post-brunch itinerary. Either way, comfort reigns supreme for this self-proclaimed busy girl with places to go and people to meet. Enter the perfect wear-everywhere jersey wrap dress that’s made for a brunch buffet followed by a stint downtown. Adidas Superstars, a closet staple you won’t want to be without, and an embroidered “H” (Harvard-bound) baseball cap further solidify your sporty girl persona. Just add funky green frames and a compact leather satchel backpack for around-the-clock appeal.
The Group by Babaton Friedan Dress ($115), Cambridge Satchel The Small Portrait Backpack in Leather ($255), H&M Wool-Blend Cap ($15), In God We Trust Easy/Crystal Green Sunglasses ($18), Adidas Unisex Superstar Lace-Up Sneakers ($80)
5. Street-Style MVP: You’re the Leandra Medine or Jenna Lyons of the Sunday brunch club. No such thing as dialing it down when you’re a street MVP in the making, and that’s where this girl-power-infused t-shirt dress comes in. Proceed to take the title of brunch queen with a scene-stealing metallic bomber (check out that vibrant blue faux fur collar) and a conversation-starting millennial pink crossbody bag with major pom swag. You best believe old-school Chuck Taylors and oversized hoops are in order.
Which of these outfits will you be rocking for an upcoming Sunday brunch? Follow us on Pinterest for more styling tips!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.