With Easter Sunday right around the corner, there’s no time like RN to call dibs on the classic shift dress. You know what we’re talking about: one that’s universally flattering, timeless, and that works overtime to bring that retro factor to easy OOTDs. Whether your Easter lineup includes Easter egg hunts, family get-togethers, or fabulous brunches, we’ve got you covered with 11 spring shifts that you’ll reach for all season long.
1. Maeve Fringework Shift ($138): Three words: Easter Sunday brunch. Gear up for bottomless mimosas with this fringe-tastic yellow shift that calls for playful tassel earrings, espadrilles, and your floppiest straw hat.
2. Mara Hoffman Colorblock Slip Dress ($325): Rain or shine, this color-block slip featuring spring pastels won’t disappoint. Post-Easter Sunday shenanigans, you best believe it’ll be accompanying you on an upcoming tropical getaway to the Bahamas.
3. Madewell Bell-Sleeve Dress in Leighton Plaid ($98): If your Easter Sunday plans entail some fun in the sun (ahem, an Easter egg hunt followed by a picnic in the park), then you best be scrambling to find your size in this picture-perfect spring shift. Between the bold plaid print, the toss-on-and-go silhouette, and the flutter sleeves (eek!), there’s no going wrong.
4. Modcloth Rising Style Icon Mini Dress ($110): From morning church services to a photo op with the extended fam, this prim and proper collared lace dress is guaranteed to be an instant crowd pleaser.
5. Paper Crown Nubian Dress ($198): Ah, yes, a laid-back t-shirt dress that’s just as comfortable and fuss-free as it looks (AKA, perfect for being on your feet all day). Even better: The watercolor floral print and imaginary scallop hem calls to mind pretty cherry blossoms.
6. Alice + Olivia Clyde Shift Dress ($285): Pineapples or bust! Maybe you’re meeting your S.O.’s parents for lunch or perhaps you’re hosting your own Easter-themed brunch. Either way, this whimsical shift packs on the charm and sophistication. Just add a straw bag and some pearl studs for a lasting first impression.
7. Topshop Flute Sleeve Shift Dress ($55): You had us at lilac flute-sleeve shift that slays like Beyoncé. Bonus points: It even brings to mind your favorite speckled jelly beans. DO slide into spring by teaming it alongside some chartreuse mules (or knee-high gladiators come festival season).
8. Y.A.S. Leaf Print Dress ($68): Between chasing your nieces and nephews around the backyard and hiding a few plastic Easter eggs in the process, you need something that you can maneuver in. Aspire to do less with this easy-breezy, leaf print drop-waist number that’s — dare we say it — easy like Sunday morning.
9. Kimchi Blue Shelly Shift Dress ($198): Places to go, people to see: Tackle an iCal filled with Easter functions in this mint crochet lace frock that requires zero effort. Reach for ankle-strap heels and a hands-free cross-body sac for maximum impact.
10. Zara Embroidered Mini Dress ($70): Come Easter Sunday, you’ll be looking somethin’ fierce in this embroidered mini dress that’s fit for an outdoor wine tasting in the countryside.
11. Ted Baker London Jiggle Fish Print Shift Dress ($295): There’s something to be said about a relaxed shift that looks (and feels) amazing. Well, we’ve uncovered just that. This sophisticated coral fish print dress featuring three-quarter sleeves can be dressed up with nude steppers or dialed down with some trusty trainers.
Which of these shift dresses will you be wearing for Easter Sunday? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.