How 11 of Your Favorite Stars Are Celebrating Star Wars Day
Star Wars Day (#MayThe4thBeWithYou) is here in all its intergallactic glory, and whether you’re planning a viewing party at home (find all your geeked-out Star Wars essentials here), or just showing your support with your favorite Forever 21 Star Wars tee, you’re definitely not alone in celebrating the much-lauded franchise.
Daisy Ridley (who recently celebrated her 24th bday in epic fashion), Mark Hamill and several other Star Wars, uh, “friends,” used their force for good this year, matching up to $1 million dollars in donations for charities of fans’ choice in a Force for Change campaign. And it was incredibly successful. So far, the campaign has far surpassed its goal, raising more than $2,137,000 between fans and Force for Change. Other celebs like Rachel Bilson and Ruby Rose fangirled out via social media — heck, even Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg himself got in on the fun! Check out our roundup of the star set’s best Star Wars nods below.
1. Mark Hamill: Luke supported the Force for Change cause with this sweet snap that read “Don’t donate for me — donate for THIS guy.” (via @HamillHimself)
2. Daisy Ridley: The reigning Star Wars Queen herself was happy to celebrate her legacy’s big day, posting a series of still shots that ended with this snap of her makeup team getting her Star Wars ready. “This is team Dazzle… AKA the incredible women that kept me going the whole way through the shoot,” she says. (via @daisyridley)
3. Miss Piggy: Miss Piggy appealed to Mark Hamil AKA Luke himself with this plea for a Star Wars movie appearance. “You’re my only hope… of getting into the next Star Wars movie!” she begs, adding, “May the 4th be with you, Marky!” Oh, Piggy: Once a diva, always a diva! (via @misspiggy)
4. Sarah Michelle Gellar: Though SMG posted a series of quotes from the movie on her Twitter account, she refused to miss out on the fun IRL, even while traveling. “Just because I’m at the airport AGAIN doesn’t mean I can’t celebrate,” she quipped. (via @sarahmgellar)
5. Jenny McCarthy: Rocking a “Tupacca” tee and wielding a saber, Jenny McCarthy posted this hilarious shot, saying #maythe4thbewithyou to her followers with a space emoji. (via @jennymccarthy)
6. Rachel Bilson: Longtime Star Wars fan Rachel Bilson posted this sweet throwback, saying “May the 4th be with you. #meanttobe.” (via @rachelbilson)
7. Ruby Rose: Ruby paid homage to the beloved flick by posting these shots of herself as both Princess Leia and a resistance fighter, saying “Seriously guys… May the 4th be with you and you and you and you too.” (via @rubyrose)
8. Holly Madison: The former “girl next door” shared this Star Wars themed family portrait in celebration of the franchise. (via @hollymadison)
9. Laverne Cox: We’re not entirely sure if the OITNB star intentionally went all out for the occasion for her appearance at the YouTube Creator’s Summit today or if she coincidentally was rocking a Vader-style cape and leather gloves, but either way, we’re into it. (via @lavernecox)
10. Elizabeth Banks: Recreating Princess Leia’s famous scene with Jabba the Hut, Elizabeth writes, “Finally got my hands on a gold bikini!” (via @elizabethbanks)
11. Mark Zuckerberg: The Facebook founder pretty much won Star Wars Day by posting this “team meeting” with Chewbacca and Co. “Has anyone seen my lint brush?” he asks? (It was a busy day in the office, indeed — Gwyneth Paltrow was also spotted selfie-ing at HQ. Maybe she wanted in on the fun?) (via @zuck)
How are you celebrating Star Wars Day? Let us know over at @BritandCo!
(Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)