There are two reasons to celebrate in October: The #PSL is officially back AND it’s National Book Month. What’s better than curling up with your favorite books and brews? With so many titles across all genres, it can be hard to know what to read next — so we’ve created a helpful pairing guide based on your favorite fall bevs. Fly through the pages of these stand-out reads this fall, and don’t be afraid to order a refill… or two.
1. Pumpkin Spice Latté + London, Can You Wait? by Jacquelyn Middleton ($15): Just when Alex thinks she has her new life in London all figured out, things take an unexpected turn (kind of like Starbucks introducing a pumpkin spice chai… say what?). Ever since her handsome actor boyfriend picked up a new role on a TV show, the two have begun to drift, and Alex isn’t sure she can keep up with the reality that fame has thrust upon them. Will these two be able to find a balance before the pressure breaks them?
2. Caramel Apple Spice Cider + Lust for Life by Sylvester McNutt III ($19): This inspirational poetry release is the uplifting read everyone can appreciate this fall. Lust for Life will make you think about the kind of life you want to live and the kind of life you deserve. If your autumn day is looking a little gloomy, this will be the book to help turn it around.
3. Cinnamon Dolce Latté + The Bad Dream Notebook by Linda Dahl ($17): Upon the death of her beloved father, Mona’s occasional drug use turns into a dark addiction, and the relationship between a mother and daughter is put to the ultimate test. In this refreshing read about the sinister truth of addiction, two broken women find a way to feel whole again by trying to pick up the pieces of the mess that their lives have become.
4. Salted Caramel Mocha + Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds ($18):Long Way Down is this season’s thriller from New York Times bestselling author Jason Reynolds. Seeking vengeance, 15-year-old Will gets on an elevator, gun in his waistband, ready to confront his brother’s murderer. As the elevator descends, he encounters ghosts and old friends on every floor who share evidence to muddle the story in his head and make him question whether or not he has been right about his brother’s supposed killer.
5. Maple Pecan Latté + The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor ($16): What do you get when you put together historical fiction and fairies? Gaynor’s intertwining world of past, present, and the fine line between truth and imagination. One hundred years after two cousins claim to have proof of these tiny mythical creatures, Olivia Kavanagh begins to unravel her connection to the girls and realizes it may be easier to believe in fairies than herself.
6. Chile Mocha + Waiting for the Punch by Marc Maron ($28): In his new collection of interviews, WTF podcast host Marc Maron recounts stories and life advice told to him by some of the most recognizable names in entertainment today. Whether you’re struggling with everyday problems or just looking for an entertaining read, this will be the book that keeps you engaged from beginning to end this fall.
What are you reading while you sip your PSL this season? Tweet us @BritandCo to let us know!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.