File this under trends you never thought you’d wear again: The stirrup pants of yesteryear have made their way back into the spotlight. The ’80s-inspired silhouette started gathering steam last fall thanks to the likes of Balenciaga and Instababes such as Pernille Teisbaek, and they’re now trending on Pinterest — need we say more?
If you’ve found yourself lusting after a pair, you’re in luck — we’ve scouted six strappy pairs you can scoop up right now. There’s only one rule: straps outside over shoes, people!
1. Zara Stirrup Trousers ($50): Snoozy black slacks? No, thanks! The FROW isn’t the only place this throwback trend has weight. Try it with a bold blouse and statement earrings for an edgy office-ready look.
2. Mango Stirrup Leggings ($50): We love any off-duty essential that makes the transition from Netflix and chill to a night out on the town totally fuss-free. Case in point: These beige beauties that would straight-up slay with an oversized sweater, statement earrings, and stiletto ankle boots.
3. Blank Denim Faux Leather Stirrup Pants ($98): If you thought leather pants couldn’t get any cooler, just check out these strappy stunners. Toss ’em on with a classic white tee and a velvet blazer for a killer party-worthy ensemble or an upcoming gig.
4. Missguided Grey Prince of Wales Cigarette Pants ($43): For a smart take on classic stirrup leggings, try these checked cigarette pants on for size. Pair with a sleek turtleneck, white v-shaped heels, and a sleek chignon for an outfit that’ll take you from the boardroom to happy hour sans problem.
5. Nasty Gal Giddy Up Girl Stirrup Leggings ($36): Channeling your inner Sporty Spice just got a whole lot easier thanks to these striped green leggings. Pop them on with an oversized hoodie, pumps, and a top-handle bag for the ultimate athleisure look.
6. ASOS Pinstripe Pant With Stirrup ($51): The pinstripe isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Double up your trends with this corner-office-approved pair of trousers that will effortlessly turn up the style factor on any on-the-job ensemble — and score HR’s seal of approval.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.