17 Barstools That Will Take Your Kitchen to the Next Level
For those lucky enough to have an island or a breakfast bar, let us congratulate you on now being able to go shopping for some of the coolest kitchen accessories: barstools. Nothing says “Welcome!” like a few seats lined up at your kitchen counter just waiting for wine and gossip with girlfriends or breakfast with the kids. No matter what the style or color scheme of your kitchen, adding a bright stool or two is an easy way to liven up your space and make a big impact. Whether you’re going for minimal, geometric, industrial, or even metallic, these 17 barstools will gladly take on the challenge of getting the family together in the kitchen.
1. Urban Outfitters Industrial Stool ($98): Minimal to the extreme, this slender and unique piece is great for adding a tiny bit of industrial flair to your space. Don’t let the thin lines distract you — this seat is durable enough to hold its own in the kitchen.
2. Mid-Century Modern Retro Bar Stool ($260 for two): Pink in the kitchen? Absolutely. The bold wooden legs and black metal accents balance out any thoughts you might have of this being too “girly” for your kitchen.
3. Anthropologie Spenser Stool ($228+): Did someone say rose gold? The metallic trend is still going strong, especially in the kitchen. A couple of these shiny beauties might just be the pop of glam your kitchen is begging for.
4. Serena & Lily Tucker Counter Stool ($398): The classic shape of the Windsor seat gets a modern touch with neutral colors that would be a cheery addition to the kitchen. Now, to get all one color or mix it up a bit?
5. Flash Furniture Barstool ($93): There is nothing understated about these simple but eye-catching sunny yellow stools. The minimal design means you can have a whole row of these without worrying about running out of space at the counter.
6. Cost Plus World Market Metal Wyatt Pub Stool ($170): Polished metal gives these stools a classic and contemporary finish that goes well with a traditional or modern kitchen.
7. Blu Dor Real Good Counter Stool ($399): This minimalist design is a completely unique addition to your kitchen. If you’re not sure how comfortable a powder-coated steel seat is, go for the thin seat pad that is held in place with magnets.
8. Phineas Barstool ($169): This classic barstool has a contoured seat and comes in a variety of colors, so you can mix and match.
9. Rivet Malida Mid-Century Open Back Swivel Barstool ($239): Sit comfy in this padded swivel barstool. The bright fabric is complemented by dark wood legs for a mid-century look.
10. Trent Austin Design Lafayette Barstool ($297): This may not be the most family-friendly seat, but if you are looking for something more luxurious, this faux leather bar stool definitely fits the bill.
11. Michael Thonet Era Barstool ($295): Graceful and lightweight, this is the classic cafe barstool. Make a bold statement in your kitchen area with a couple of these elegant accessories.
12. David Geckeler for Muuto Nerd Counter Stool ($495): Despite the unflattering name, this sleek stool is all about style. Whether you need one or four, the natural wood colors and streamlined profile will definitely boost your kitchen’s cool factor.
13. Urban Outfitters Joliet Barstool ($199): A comfortable solid wooden seat is the perfect counterpart to a slender, iron frame. We give major points for the handy foot bar, because there is nothing worse than having your leg fall asleep while you’re sitting at breakfast. A fresh and modern piece, this would add style to even a tiny kitchen.
14. Wyndham Swivel Barstool ($600): Bring some industrial flair into your kitchen with this tall, brass-framed number. Not only is it cool, but it also swivels! What more could you want from an elegant barstool?
15. Bend Goods Bar Stool ($460): Think of this like the classic woven basket chairs but with an awesome new makeover.
16. IKEA Bernhard Bar Stool ($169): Perfect for that modern or minimalist home, this red chair brings the edgy vibes to your interior.
17. Wade Logan Macungie Bar Stool Sleek ($483): This sleek and minimalist barstool is ideal for a small home or apartment and can be easily tucked away under a countertop.
Follow us on Pinterest for more home decorinspo.
This post was originally published on October 1, 2015.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.