20 Cool-Kid Clothing Brands to Keep Your Baby Looking Stylish
If you prefer to style your little one in something other than frilly pink florals or sports-themed onesies, then it might be time to look outside the chain retailers we sometimes frequent by default. Think outside the big-box stores and scope our picks below for fun prints, luxe styles, and one-of-a-kind finds for babies and kids. Whether you’re finding the perfect outfit for bringing your baby home or curating a tiny wardrobe that rivals Blue Ivy’s, your little one is guaranteed to be Insta-ready in adorable duds from these sites.
1. Winter Water Factory: When vibrant and original prints meet soft organic cotton, you’ve got a winning combo of outfits with gold star hand-me-down status. Stock up on colorful onesies, like this French Terry Jumpsuit in Traffic Red ($44), and more from this Brooklyn-based online store. Bonus: Many of the same prints for babies and kids come in grown-up sizes too!
2. Kutikati: This Los Angeles-based Etsy shop offers a creative organic collection of handmade baby clothes and accessories. With a fun variety of items from bloomers, like these Red Fox Organic Baby Shorts ($19-$30), to matching hat-and-leggings sets, you’ll want to treat your baby to some new outfits — and you might even find a gift or two for your next baby shower.
3. Smallable: Keep your baby seriously on trend with the unique designer finds on Smallable. The price point is more toward the Kardashian end of the affordability scale, but label-seeking bargain hunters can score some pretty good finds in the outlet section of the site. This 1 + In the Family Tim Panel Striped T-Shirt ($42) is a classic cool-kid option, and the luxurious Camion Fur Lined Velvet Burnous Coat ($153) is an easy cold-weather favorite.
4. Lenny Lemons: Fair warning — the outfits and prices on this site are hard to resist. From hilarious graphic tees to mini-me pieces that you’ll want to twin, like the Dana Baby Romper ($25), you can find everyday clothes, special occasion outfits, and everything in between.
5. Nununu: If you’re searching for edgy yet cozy minimalist style, then Nununu is the answer. With sizes ranging from newborn through adulthood, this is the place to find cool, uncomplicated options for everyone’s closet. Looking for a fun gender-neutral pick? This Skull Onesie ($42) is an easy favorite for your little tough guy or girl.
6. Primary: On the opposite end of the color spectrum from Nununu is Primary. With brightly colored basics like this Zip Romper ($18) and sweatshirts, leggings, and tees, this brand prides itself on not using slogans or bling and bringing parents a great lineup of super soft and reliably durable clothes for little ones.
7. Lola and the Boys: If your personal style swings from boho to biker, then Lola and the Boys is your mini-me fashion soulmate. With sizes that range from babies and toddlers to tweens and teens (and mommy too!), this is a one-stop shop to keep the whole family looking good. How rad is this Baby Denim Romper ($28)?
8. Fawn Shoppe: Similar to Smallable, the Fawn Shoppe has a huge selection of designer pieces, like the Oeuf Rainbow Skirt ($100), that will keep your baby on the best-dressed list. If you’re looking for high-end style at a lower price point, be sure to cruise through their sale section on the regular.
9. Thimble Collection: This site is full of sweet outfits that would work for a photo shoot or the playground. Small details make all the difference (think zipper closures for easy diaper changes). Another great design feature is making one outfit more versatile, like the Reversible Swing Tunic in Royal Dots ($72). It’s an easy favorite that will give you two outfit options in just one piece.
10. Juniper Baby + Kids: This site showcases a collection of clothing that allows your little one to play comfortably while looking effortlessly stylish. These sweet Donsje Kapi Lined Booties ($69) with fun animal details will kick any outfit up a notch or two.
11. Mama Owl: This London-based shop specializes in curating natural and organic clothes for babies and kids of all ages. Scroll through cozy wool pieces, like the Disana Organic Merino Baby Cardigan ($39), and soft cotton classics to discover your baby’s new wardrobe staples. If you’re bargain hunting, don’t miss their outlet section to score some great deals on an otherwise investment piece for your kiddo’s closet.
12. Mini Boden: You’re likely familiar with Boden as a go-to shop for grown-up duds you love, but did you know it’s also a great place to find amazing clothes for your little one? Discover unique finds for special occasions and colorful everyday favorites, like these Reversible Knee Patch Pants ($34).
13. Chaboukie: If sourcing responsibly made fashion is at the top of your list, take a look at Chaboukie. The entire line of clothes is released in limited-edition batches, so you’re likely to have a truly unique find in your selection. Cruise through virtual racks of fun graphic sweatshirts, soft tees, and one-of-a-kind options that you’ll want in your size too, like these Cuffed Pants ($45).
14. Peek Kids: If you don’t have a store location in your neck of the woods, you may not know about this boutique of pint-sized fashion. This is a hotspot for trendy tees, beautiful sweaters, soft newborn basics, and perfect picture-day outfits. The styles here look more like a shrunken version of clothes you would wear, like the Baby Vivienne Sweatshirt ($36), but the overall feel is 100-percent age appropriate.
15. Nature Baby: This New Zealand-based store ships worldwide and offers clothes and products that are produced with Earth-friendly practices. With simple yet beautiful prints in a variety of styles, there’s something for every baby in every season. This Light Cotton Knit Jumper ($55) comes in a sunny print that’s perfect for brightening up the dark, dreary days of winter.
16. Anthropologie: While it may not have a dedicated space for kid’s clothing, Anthropologie’s Home category does have a kids’ section. It’s a hidden gem worth checking in on from time to time. There you’ll find unique toys, beautiful big kids’ room and nursery decor, and an outfit here and there, like the Lali Romper ($44).
17. Estella: This store brings artisan-inspired European-style clothing to New York. And thanks to the internet, anyone outside of the boroughs can shop here too! Check out their collection of whimsical (and organic) graphic onesies and creative knit rompers, like this Sleeveless Organic Baby Romper With Apple ($65).
18. Bohem: This site is more of a creative collective than just a straight-up kids’ clothing store, but it’s hard to deny that the kids’ section is pretty fun to browse. The clothes available for little ones look like thoughtful works of art but still have a cozy feel to them, like this Giraffe Longsleeve Onesie ($22).
19. Zara: The same Zara that serves up on-trend grown-up clothes has an entire department devoted to little ones, and they’re just as cool. This Fuzzy Penguin Patch Jumpsuit ($26) is an adorable find for a boy or girl.
20. Kira Kids: Shopping at Kira feels like cruising an artsy friend’s Pinterest board. With creative prints and hilarious graphic onesies, tees, and sweatshirts, like the “Let’s Taco Bout It” Graphic Raglan Sweatshirt ($48), it’s easy to make this a go-to site for finding personal faves and unique gifts for friends.
What shops are you coveting for mini-me fashion? Tweet us your tips @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.