Okay, we need to talk about Crocs. No longer reserved for nurses and the toddler set, the molded clogs have officially moved into style star territory. Since Christopher Kane and Balenciaga have both collaborated on high fashion versions of the much-maligned shoes (for Spring 2017 and 2018, respectively), we’ve seen an unmistakable uptick in the number of Instababes who are styling the heck out of them. And with a Drew Barrymore collaboration coming February 1, the Crocs renaissance is showing no signs of slowing down.
So how exactly did we get here? According to Michelle Poole, Crocs Senior Vice President, Global Product and Marketing, “When Christopher Kane and Balenciaga approached us, we were intrigued by the opportunity to push the boundaries of our design and molding capabilities to see what we could create together. On its own, the Classic Clog is a clean, everyday look that, with some re-imagination, quickly becomes extraordinary.”
We never thought we’d see the day. If you still need proof Crocs can be fashion, allow us to present 11 stylish chicks who rocked the hell outta them.
1. Susie Bubble: Mixed prints, cropped flares, and Crocs? Um, apparently yes. So much yes.
2. The Beauty Beau: Black denim and leather don’t typically call for white clogs. And yet, somehow, we are totally here for it.
3. Yuliya: The secret to making these work is in treating them like any other shoe in your closet. Paired with staples like a button-down, leather jacket, and skinnies, this pair takes a look to new levels.
4. Anuthida: Pump up sexy all-black-everything in an unexpected way with a pair of Crocs. Who knew?
5. Caroline Blomst: We call this “How to Do Crocs Like a Fashion Girl 101.” An easy tee, pleated skirt, and structured bag make the perfect backdrop for statement slip-ons.
6. Ariella Arida: Neutral classics pair surprisingly well with embellished animal-print clogs. Note to selves.
8. Li Bash: We told you about socks with heels. Now we’re telling you about socks with Crocs. Just trust us.
11. Style Weekender: The Cali-cool way to do this footwear phenomenon? Blue on blue on blue.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!