14 Boots That Will Help You Take on Winter like a Boss
Rain, snow and biting wind: It’s that time of year again, and your go-to steppers just aren’t going to cut it anymore. Bring on the boots that can handle the weather. A durable pair is an absolute must: Just like scarves, gloves and beanies, warm + waterproof boots can really make those long winter months a lot more bearable. But finding a pair that will do your style sensibilities justice isn’t always easy — “clunky” and “bulky” just aren’t in your sartorial vocabulary. Check out these 14 crazy-on-point pairs that will help you combat whatever comes your way this winter — without compromising on style.
1. Native Fitzsimmons Boot ($90): Ice? Please. These turquoise boots will send bad weather packin’ with their water-resistant upper and we-mean-business treads.
2. Cougar Bistro Tall Boot ($150): Snow boots aren’t exactly the most glamorous of attire, but this gilded pair is about to change all that. The sleek metallic finish and faux fur say straight-up diva.
3. adidas x Stella McCartney Winter Boots ($240): Winter weather doesn’t have anything on these edgy don’t-mess-with-me steppers. The rubberized high-tech fabric and sneaker-inspired design make them the perfect complement to any athleisure ensemble.
4. Sperry for J.Crew Shearwater Buckle Boots ($180): Cozy, cute and winter-weather-ready, these buckle and side-zip boots feature a waterproof rubber sole, mad colorful grips and shearling-lined interiors that are perfect for mucking about in the slush and snow.
5. Moon Boot Low Fur Camu Boot ($200): Don’t compromise your street style cred this season with clunky kicks that aren’t next-level. These furry ankle boots are straight off Anna Sui’s fall 2015 runway and will no doubt send your winter style into overdrive (+ keep your feet insanely warm).
6. Hunter Original Block Heel Lace-Up Bullseye Boots ($230): Who’s afraid of a little sleet and snow in heels? Not you, when you’ve got these block-heeled booties on your side. Their sleek, modern design makes them perfect for pairing with everything from skinny jeans to sweater dresses and midi skirts.
7. Sam Edelman Caldwell Boot ($140): If you’ve been dreaming of scoring a pair of classic L.L. Bean boots this winter, we have some bad news — looks like you’ll have to wait until next year to get your hands on the Maine-made icons. But that doesn’t mean you have to settle for anything less than stellar to get your feet through the next few months of sleet, snow and cold in style. These tweed duck boots are the ultimate alternative and are sure to be the object of envy for everyone you know.
8. Tom’s Nepal Faux Fur Boot ($98): Tom’s espadrilles are a staple come summer, and they’re kind of killin’ it in the cold weather department too, with these slip-resistant kicks. Pair them with full skirts or jeans and a chunky knit for a little folksy flair.
9. Sorel Tivoli II Weather Boots ($130): Not all winter boots are created equal. These herringbone numbers pack both utility and style with a waterproof upper, EVA footbeds for serious support and super soft fleece lining that will keep feet toasty when the snow starts to fall.
10. Australia Luxe Collective Meditere Genuine Shearling Boot ($335): If the cold is all you’ll be combatting this winter, feel free to have a little more fun with your kicks. Shearling accents will keep feet toasty all season long, while smooth leather and a wedge heel are straight-up chic.
11. Le Coq Sportif Sainteglace Snow Boots ($126): If blizzards aren’t exactly a thing where you live, full-on snow boots might be a little overkill. But even in a more low-key climate, a girl has to keep warm. Fur-lined nylon keeps feet cozy, while tennis shoe-inspired soles are the picture of sports-chic.
12. Däv Calgary Waterproof Tall Boot ($88): This sleek, high-shine pair blends a leather-like look with weather-ready versatility to make that cold morning commute haute.
13. Hunter Original Shearling Lace-Up Boots ($295): With shearling panels, warm fleece, soft leather and a waterproof rubber foot, these lace-up booties are both luxe and tough.
14. Woolrich Rockies Hiking Boot ($225): Channel some rugged woodland vibes this winter with these heavy-treaded leather kicks. They’re the perfect partner to soft plaid shirts, skinny jeans and oversized scarves.
Will you be picking up a new pair of boots this season? Which pair is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!