What oh what would we do if we didn’t have bloggers by our side to guide our every sartorial move? Thankfully, we won’t have to find out anytime soon. And if our latest infatuation with denim dresses is any indication, then we’ll be stalking all of our fave blogs for unlimited outfit inspo on the reg. Scroll on for 14 foolproof #ootds that will make you seriously consider adding a denim dress to your wardrobe (if you haven’t already).
2. Denim Shirt Dress With a Pop of Red: Quirky is the name of the game when it comes to Keiko Lynn. For a standout look even on the rainiest of days, don’t hesitate to pair a denim dress with accessories that speak to your easy-breezy style. Keiko is killin’ it here with her matching red handbag, sandals and headscarf. (via Keiko Lynn)
3. Cinch That Waist: Bye-bye, frumpy dress. Sometimes, all it takes is a belt to cinch in the waist of your denim dress and make it flattering once again. It almost sounds like a too-easy styling trick, but it worked for this blogger. (via Ring My Bell)
4. Go for the Unexpected: Our favorite fashion editor-turned-blogger has the best advice yet for styling your denim dress. Mix old and new favorites for a fresh look that you haven’t already seen a million times. The juxtaposition of Nicolette’s leather leopard-print jacket and pretty pink satchel is so delightfully unexpected that it just works. (via Nicolette Mason)
5. Black Accessories FTW: If you’re a minimalist enthusiast like Chelsea Lankford, then you’re more than likely part of the #allblackeverything movement. For a streamlined look, black accessories will instantly edge up any denim dress. (via Truelane)
6. The Preppy Way: Ah, chambray. Meet every preppy blogger’s go-to summer fabric that calls for little-to-no styling. Case in point: This effortless striped chambray dress can be worn as is; just add a pair of strappy sandals and out the door you go. (via Southern Curls & Pearls)
7. Dressed Way Down: While we are more than happy to leave patchwork jeans back in the ‘90s, we’re pleased to see the revival of the patched denim dress. For the girl always on the go, a frock this simple + utilitarian is a dream come true. Throw in some slip-on sneaks and an easy statement necklace for a no-nonsense look. (via Could I Have That)
8. Relaxed Denim + Fringe Vibe: Take note: Every girl needs a denim shift dress in her arsenal. Not only is it easy to style on the fly (hello, loafers and a fringe bag!), but it looks chic with little effort. #Winning (via Anouska)
9. Sporty Chic: Crop that top for a sporty, street-chic look that is hot, hot, hot, and possibly even a smidgen RiRi-inspired. With a baseball cap on, this blogger babe owns her denim pinafore dress like a pro. (via Bambis Armoire)
10. Chic and Polished: They sure don’t make denim dresses like they used to. For formal affairs, a denim dress with studded shoulders like Alexandra’s will serve as a fashion-forward option. Follow in the footsteps of all the A-list tastemakers by forgoing the accessories for a killer pair of pumps and a statement-making clutch. (via Lovely Pepa)
11. Tomboy Chic: Calling all cool girls! The key to pulling off a denim dress is to do less. Seriously. Forget the accessories and learn to embrace the tomboy silhouette for a nonchalant look that says, “I woke up like this.” As per this blogger’s recommendation, Doc Martens never hurt either. (via Fashion Your Seatbelts)
12. Ready for the Resort: Besides the fact that Julia Engel could wear a paper bag and still look stunning, she pulls off this denim trapeze dress flawlessly. Major bonus: We’re loving how she opted for white sneakers in lieu of heels for a super girly + laidback #ootd. (via Gal Meets Glam)
13. Summer in the City: When the temps are scorching, a shirtdress will quickly become your BFF. Its versatility and ability to work for a number of occasions — a weekend spent running errands, Sunday brunch, after-work drinks — make it a worthy candidate to invest in STAT. (via Katie Bliss)
14. A Pinafore for All Seasons: We can’t get over how ultra-feminine and chic Liv makes this seasonless denim dress look when paired with a lace top and edgy ankle boots. OshKosh who? (via What Olivia Did)
Will you be investing in a denim dress this summer? Tell us in the comments below!