When it comes to dressing for summer, there’s no better go-to than a tried and true maxi dress, but, depending on your height, getting the fit right of everyone’s favorite warm-weather staple can be a bit… challenging. Maybe you’re vertically challenged and your hems tend to drag on the ground, or you’re uber-tall and they hit above your ankles instead of their desired longer length. Whatever your circumstance, we’ve got you covered: Check out 12 different maxis for any height.
1. Boden Petite Twist-Front Jersey Maxi ($150): Whoever said petite ladies didn’t have options clearly never saw this twist-front maxi: Choose from seven different prints in this simple-but-pretty design (though we’re partial to this regatta leaf pattern).
2. ASOS Petite Ladder Knotted Jersey Maxi Beach Dress ($45): Go Nu Goth at the beach with this all-black dress (or potential cover-up!) that has a ladder-knot insert made specifically for the 5’3″-and-under set.
3. Ann Taylor Petite Paradise Maxi Strap Dress ($159): This strapless, paradise motif maxi will be your summer vacay go-to — add a Nordstrom Floppy Straw Look Hat ($22) and voila! You’re resort ready.
4. Dorothy Perkins Petite Mult-Colored Stripe Chain Maxi Dress ($79): What’s not to love about this colorfully striped floor-grazing number? It’s cheery, beach-worthy, and best of all, it’ll FIT.
5. Reformation Savannah Dress ($218): With its cute AF button-down front and black and blue pinstripe print, this breezy style will be an instant favorite. It’s also got adjustable straps so you get the perfect fit up top as well as on bottom.
6. Solita Cleobella Maxi Dress ($199): This off-the-shoulder creation features a sweet embroidered floral bodice and side slit seams for keeping cool — it’s a win-win!
7. Free People Look into the Sun Maxi ($98): A bold orange hue is all this frock needs to stand out in the crowd (though that deep-V cutout neck doesn’t exactly hurt, either!), and at under $100 — a rarity for a Free People maxi — it’s a total steal. Not a fan of orange? Go for bold in teal, black, or white instead.
8. Hope Is Yours Long Sleeve Long Dress ($70): The full flared sleeves of this beautiful boho piece make it a unique alternative to all those tan-line inducing spaghetti straps.
9. ASOS Tall Embroidered Mesh Illusion Maxi Dress ($119): Those with a flair for the dramatic will surely appreciate this mini/maxi combo that shows off your legs beneath a sheer maxi overlay with plenty of pizzazz. It’s made for the 5’9” and over set, so if you’re model tall, this one’s for you.
10. Banana Republic Tall Flounce Tiered Floral Maxi Dress ($158): With removable straps, tall girls will essentially get two styles for the price of one.
11. J. Crew Tall Tiered Maxi Dress ($148): A fun take on the nautical trend comes in the form of this full-skirted frock, complete with a cinched-tie-waist that’s long enough for (count ’em!) three separate tiers.
12.LOFT Tall Wildflower Maxi Dress($98): Be a “tall wildflower” in this billowing boho style you can roam the plains in. Better yet, remove the belt for an extra loose fit that will allow you to *truly* be free.
Which dress was your fave? Let us know over @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Dorothy Perkins)