10 Photo Gadgets for Endless Summer Fun
Where will your adventures take you this summer? Whether it’s an exotic destination or a camping trip, we’re pretty sure you’ll be taking photos and documenting the action to preserve and share the good times.
1. The iPhone Wrist Strap ($35): A stylish wrist strap for your iPhone that leaves you poised for a quick snapshot. It’ll also take the worry out of dropping your phone and long lines at the Genius Bar.
2. The Spring Break Camera Strap ($26): A colorful camera strap suited for spring/summer outfits and carrying your fave DSLR, film or point and shoot buddy. It’s mighty too – it can support up to 120 lbs!
3. The iPhone Scuba Suit ($60): A waterproof case for your most used camera – your phone. Use it in the pool, at the beach or on a water slide!
4. The iPhone Adventure Suit ($130-$180): A heavy duty waterproof case so your iPhone can tag along for all your adventures. Mount it to a skateboard, surfboard or even the hood of your car!
5. Polarizing Clip On Filter ($20): A clip-on phone lens that unleashes a powerful polarizing effect. It’s the perfect touch for clear days with plenty o’ sunshine.
6. The Camera Cooler Bag ($65): A rugged camera bag with vintage style. If you’re hiking or camping, it doubles as a snack and beverage cooler.
7. Easy Macro Cell Lens Band ($15): A macro lens you can pop over just about any phone’s lens to bring out the glorious details when you’re up close and personal. Amazing for textures, flowers or yummy foods.
8. The iPhone Telephoto Lens ($35): Digital zoom is lousy, but sometimes you need a closer look. This 8 or 12x optical lens gives you just that without the compromise of a grainy photo. Also available for the iPad.
9. The Crankerator ($60): Power any USB connected device with a little elbow grease. It’s a lifesaver for long days spent outside in nature, at festivals or anywhere without a power outlet.
10. The Bikepod ($25-$40): A tight, sturdy mount for point and shoot cameras or smartphones on your bike. Snap photos or take videos of all the breathtaking places you’ll go.
Okay, just one more. Phoneography 101 is Photojojo’s new course for iPhone and Android users that’s all about taking better pictures with your phone. Learn the fundamentals of photography from composition to creative effects and wow your friends and family with your newfound skills.
As I mentioned, there’s an exclusive Brit + Co. discount code for anything in the Photojojo store. Get $5 off photo gear and accessories for summer, whether it’s a gift or just because you deserve it. The code is BRITCOPJ and is valid thru the end of the week, May 19th at 11:59pm.
When you checkout, just enter BRITCOPJ where it asks for any coupon or gift codes. For more from Photojojo, check out their newsletter that’s full of amazing DIY, tips and tutorials.
What are your must-have summer photography gadgets and accessories? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)