The sun is shining, the pool is as blue as it can be, and you’re ready to take your kiddo out for a day of summer play. But before you head outside, you need to stock up on some warm-weather essentials. From cute cover-ups to hats and sunglasses, check out these must-have items that won’t just make your tot the most stylish swimmer on the beach — they’ll provide plenty of protection from the sun’s damaging UV rays too.
1. Mini Boden Toweling Appliqué Beach Dress ($45): Get your little one out of the water in this cute shark-themed hooded dress that also doubles as a towel.
2. H&M Sun Cap UPF 50 ($10): Keep your little one’s head safe from the sun with a UV-protective hat. This cute cap has a visor to shade your kiddo’s eyes and a longer back to keep their sensitive neck sun-safe.
3. Cat & Jack Aviator Sunglasses ($6): You protect your tot’s skin by slathering on the sunscreen. But what about their eyes? Infants and toddlers — and everyone else, for that matter — need protective eyewear during those long days of outdoor summer play. These mini aviators are cool, comfortable, and provide the protection your child needs.
4. Coolibar UPF 50+ Baby Rash Guard ($30): This adorable infant shirt is much more than a stylish selection. It shades your kiddo with a UPF of 50, protecting delicate skin from the sun during park, backyard, beach, or pool play. And, bonus, its snap neckline makes quick changes a… well, you know.
5. Lali Kids Under the Sea Baby Sun Hat ($20): This sweet sun hat will shade your baby, keeping them cool and comfy on a hot day. The cotton cap also comes with a coordinating romper, which is perfect for a day of strolling around town or playing at the neighborhood park.
6. RIVBOS Rubber Kids Polarized Sunglasses With Strap ($10): Your tot loses just about everything. Socks. Mittens. Shoes. Their favorite toy. So it’s a good thing these sunglasses come with an easy-to-use strap, keeping them safe and close by. They also have polarized protection to cut down on glare.
7. Sun Protection Zone UPF 50+ Safari Sun Hat ($11): Keep your child’s head safe with a sun-protective hat. The brim shades your tot’s eyes and neck, keeps them cool, and looks adorable too.
8. Cat & Jack Striped Cover-Up ($10): When your tot leaves the cool pool, they’ll need something to stay warm and cozy. This hooded cover-up is the perfect plush swimsuit topper. The 100 percent cotton construction is soft to the touch and not too warm for those hot summer days.
9. H&M UPF 50 Top ($18): This long-sleeved UV shirt option is the perfect pick for kids who are in the water more than they’re not. When you’re worried about reapplying sunscreen, this shirt adds an extra layer of protection to sun-sensitive shoulders, backs, and arms.
10. Exemaba Reversible Sun Hat ($10+): This reversible hat provides 50+ UPF protection and gives your tot fashion options. Choose either side for a sweet style that your kiddo can wear to the pool, beach, or anywhere else they go on a sun-soaked day.
11. Mini Boden Two-Piece Rashguard Swimsuit ($45): Your little one will be sun-protected (it’s UPF 50+) and stylish in this fun patterned two-piece rashguard swimsuit.
Tweet us how you’re keeping your family safe from the sun this summer @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Getty)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.