What is it about mini desserts that makes them so irresistible? We can never get enough of these personal-sized sweets, so we’ve got a collection of 12 tasty hand pie recipes perfect for year-round baking. Not just for dessert, each petite pastry also makes for excellent after school (or work) snacking. In other words, there’s no need to wait ’til Pi Day to bake up these handheld treats.
1. Apple Pies: Would you choose these pies fresh out of the oven or their doppelgängers “fresh” from the drive-thru? Yeah, we thought so. (via Hungry at Midnight)
2. S’mores Pretzel Hand Pies: Homemade soft pretzels are always a win, but stuffing them with a campfire favorite takes them to a whole ‘nother level. (via Girl Versus Dough)
3. Kate Neumann’s Peach + Ginger Hand Pies: These pies are the next best thing to enjoying a juicy, freshly picked peach in an orchard on a warm summer’s day. (via Real Food Rehab)
4. Pistachio Bakewell Pop Tarts: Jam and a buttery, sweet nut filling are spread between two sheets of pastry to create a Pop Tart that’s all grown up. (Pssst, feel free to swap almond paste for the pistachio if you wanna mix things up.) (via My Name Is Yeh)
5. Blueberry Hand Pies: The bursting blueberry filling may be a bit tricky to contain, but we’d still love to get our hands on these pies! (via Bon Appétit)
6. Cranberry-Orange Pop Tarts With Ginger Glaze: Make these cookie-pie hybrids as an allergy-friendly part of your next Thanksgiving feast! (via Dolly and Oatmeal)
7. Blackberry-Raspberry Hand Pies: Transport your tastebuds to the berry patch with these summery favorites. (via Martha Stewart)
8. Fried Pumpkin Hand Pies: We wouldn’t be surprised to see a rendition of these fried pies at your local state fair this fall. Until then, add ’em to your pumpkin recipe repertoire, stat. (via Heather Christo)
9. Cherry Hand Pies: One bite will have you singing “Sweet Cherry [Hand] Pie” from the top of your lungs. (via Bon Appétit)
10. Caramel-Pecan Hand Pies: Sticky pecan pie filling can be such a chore to cut through cleanly. Problem solved with these caramel- and nut-packed personal-sized pies. (via The Café Sucré Farine)
11. Strawberry and Custard Hand Pies: The sight of strawberries alone would be enough to tempt us into taking a bite of these babies, but a complementary custard filling lends an added layer of lusciousness that’s simply irresistible. (via Butter Baking)
12. Lemon Meringue Hand Pie: How clever are these pies?! No crust to roll out here. Instead, tart lemon curd and graham cracker ice cream are sandwiched between crisp meringues. (via Taste and Tell)
Are you as fond of personal-sized indulgences as we are? What are your favorite mini treats to enjoy? Let’s chat in the comments.