15 Easy Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect for Any Novice Baker
We can’t be alone in thinking that dessert is pretty much the best meal of the day. There’s a reason why waiters always bring more than one spoon with each dessert, after all — even those who initially declined can’t bear to turn down a bite of a decadent dish. But sometimes, no matter how delicious that epic dessert mashup you want to master looks, you just want to make something straightforward. Relying on simple ingredients and techniques, easy dessert recipes are totally worth memorizing if you want to be able to impress the guests at your first adult dinner party with something sweet — without going crazy trying to perfect your final course. These 15 easy dessert recipes will make finishing off your meal sweeter than ever.
1. Orange Crush Poke Cake: This fun cake is made super moist thanks to a drizzle of an orange soda Jell-O mixture that gets added after the cake comes out of the oven. Spoon on whipped topping instead of buttercream frosting for a refreshing dessert. (via Averie Cooks)
2. Crunchy Dark Chocolate Bar: You’ll feel super fancy snacking on this homemade version of your favorite grocery store candy bar. The three-ingredient recipe is also vegan and gluten-free, so you can share it with all your friends. (via The Little Green Spoon)
3. Summer Berry Cobbler Cake: The best part about this cobbler cake is that the bright, colorful summer berries make it look beautiful without requiring any fancy frosting or decorations. Make it with whatever summer fruit looks best at the market. (via Vodka and Biscuits)
4. Vegan S’mores Skillet: Ooey, gooey, and easier than building a campfire — it’s hard to go wrong with this skillet cake. It’s definitely decadent, but ingredients like oats and flax meal are thrown in to give it a little nutritional boost. (via Vegan Chickpea)
5. Peach Crisp: You may have grown up eating sub-par peach crisp, but swapping canned peaches for fresh makes all the difference. The juicy, ripe fruit is baked with a crispy, toasted oat-and-sugar streusel, so you get a variety of tastes and textures in each bite. (via Plated Cravings)
6. Mini Chocolate Cream Pies: “Mini” desserts might seem like the usual work of dessert multiplied, but these little tartlettes have a secret: You can use store-bought mini tart shells if you’re pressed for time. Fill each one with a five-ingredient chocolate cream pie filling and a spritz of whipped cream for a quick treat. (via Veggie Balance)
7. No-Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream: You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this frozen treat. It’s simply made with whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and peanut butter, and then frozen until it’s reached your preferred consistency. (via What Molly Made)
8. Berry and Angel Food Cake Parfaits: Store-bought angel food cake is ideal for making easy desserts. Layered with berries and whipped cream, it soaks up all the delicious flavor. (via Jeannie’s Tried and True Recipes)
9. Grilled Peaches With Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce: Smokey and caramelized peaches add a level of complexity to any dessert after a stint on the grill. They’re topped with ice cream and an easy brown sugar bourbon sauce for a dish that will really wow your dinner party guests. (via Fork in the Road)
11. Strawberry Eton Mess: Crunchy, creamy, and juicy, Eton Mess offers a bevy of textures and flavors with each mouthful. But all it takes to create the dish is a combination of meringues, strawberries, and whipped cream. (via As Easy As Apple Pie)
12. Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Popsicles: Chocolate and cherries are a sweet, tart, and decadent-tasting combo in these popsicles. Best of all, these pops are actually healthy, so you can have more than one without feeling guilty. (via Fusion Craftiness)
14. Paleo, Vegan Strawberry Crumble: Sweet and gooey strawberries almost don’t need anything else to be a perfect dessert. But a crispy topping of almonds and coconut flakes brings an irresistible texture to the mix (add vanilla ice cream and prepare to have your mind blown). (via Paleo Running Momma)
15. Raspberry Stracciatella Truffles: These truffles are a nod to stracciatella gelato, which has fine shavings of chocolate throughout. Here, the chocolate is both white and dark, and joins raspberries and a cheesecake filling for extra flavor. (via Dani’s Cooking)
For more sweet eats, follow us on Pinterest.