Just when you thought breakfast couldn’t get any better, along comes a new food trend to prove you deliciously *wrong*. Taco pancakes are burning up everyone’s Instagram feeds right now, leading some to call ’em the next avocado toast. One thing’s for sure, they’re super yummy and so easy to pull off. Whether you’re looking for back-to-school breakfast ideas or breakfast for dinner is your thing, you can add these 16 taco pancake recipes to the menu.
2. Corn Pancake Breakfast Tacos: When you’re looking for a meat-free breakie, nothing hits the spot like soft scrambled eggs and your fave taco fixin’s tucked into a soft corn pancake. Better make a whole batch, because everyone in the house is going to want one. (via What Should I Make For…)
3. Churros Breakfast Tacos: There’s a reason why the churros food truck always has the longest lines — those Mexican breakfast fritters are sooo addictive. No fryer? No problemo. Ladle the batter out pancake style, add fresh fruit and a dollop of whipped cream and serve them up taco style. (via Jac ‘o lyn Murphy)
4. Pancake Breakfast Tacos: If you love bacon with maple syrup, you’ll flip for these flapjacks topped with bacon, eggs and salsa. It’s the salty-sweet combo that gets you every time. (via Foodness Gracious)
5. Greek Yogurt Banana Pancakes Tacos: These meat-free pancakes are loaded with protein, thanks to protein powder in the batter and yogurt in the fixin’s. Don’t even contemplate eating them with a knife and fork. Just roll these babies up and take bite after yummy bite. (via Food Faith Fitness)
6. Buckwheat Pancakes With Spinach, Ricotta and Pine Nuts: Ricotta crepes have got nothing on these savory buckwheat pancake tacos. Don’t hold back on the hot sauce for that added zing! (via What Katie Ate)
7. Mini Pancake Tacos: These tiny tacos puff up nicely in the pan, thanks to a dash of baking powder. Top with fruit, yogurt and honey, and they’re a sweet treat, perfect for brunch with friends. (via The Kitchn)
8. Cachapas (Corn Pancakes): A cachapa is like a heartier arepa that has tasty whole corn kernels in every delicious bite. You can make yours with whatever leftovers you have on hand. This recipe calls for shredded beef, cheese and fresh greens, so it’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. (via The Petit Gourmet)
9. Peanut Butter and Honey Pancake Taco: These sweet breakfast tacos combine two of the most delicious flavors known to mankind — peanut butter and honey — all folded up in an easy-to-eat pancake. They’re so delicious, one won’t be enough, so grab a napkin and take another for the road. You’ll thank us later. (via Mountain Mama Cooks)
10. Eggs and Bacon Pancake Tacos: If you love the combo of bacon and avocado, you will love these scrambled egg pancake tacos. When all these flavors hit your taste buds, it’s like a fiesta in your mouth. (via Betty Crocker)
12. Strawberries and Condensed Milk Whipped Cream Pancake Tacos: These delicious pancake tacos are piped with homemade whipped cream that’s OH SO rich, thanks to sweetened condensed milk. The taste is like dulce de leche, served up pancake-wrap style. That’s definitely a win in our book! (via Crumbs and Cookies)
13. Pancake Tacos: These fresh fruit pancakes are made three ways: berries and cream, kiwi-strawberry and peanut butter banana. Add a drizzle of local honey for extra sweetness. (via The Starving Chef)
14. BBQ Chicken & Slaw Savory Pancakes (Redneck Tacos): What happens when you take a classic BBQ chicken sandwich and swap a pancake for the bun? Pure savory deliciousness ensues. Whip this one up next time you’re craving breakfast for dinner. (via Gringalicious)
15. Fruity Pancake Tacos: Step away from the knife and fork. Taco-shaped pancakes are a sweet and delicious hands-on way to enjoy yogurt, fresh berries and whipped cream. Plus, you get to lick your fingers. (via Betty Crocker)
16. Vegan Sweet Pancake Tacos: BONUS INSTAGRAM RECIPE! This one’s for all the vegan *sweetaholics* in the house. These rolled-oats pancakes are slathered with peanut butter, then piled high with fresh berries and topped with a sprinkle of buckinis and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. What they are is pure delicious!
If you love this pancake tacos trend, follow us on Pinterest for more.