20 Tassel Earrings That Will Straight-Up Stun
When it comes to your capsule wardrobe, 15 pairs of jeans is definitely overkill (and unnecessary), but can a girl actually have too many accessories? We’re going to go out on a limb here and say no. When you’re working with a carefully curated selection of style basics, it’s all those extras — statement jewelry, trend-right steppers and Insta-worthy bags — that really give your getup personality and flavor. In terms of versatility and ease, baubles win MVA (that’s most valuable accessory) status hands down, which is why we’re always on the lookout for ways to step up your accessorizing game. Maybe it’s the onset of festival season or the fashion world’s current obsession with free-wheelin’ everything, but tassel-tastic earrings are officially summer 2016’s accoutrement of choice. From sleek silvery drops to bold and bright ear jackets, these 20 pairs of earrings are ready to take your #OOTD by storm.
1. Mango Tassel Earrings ($20): Enlist these technicolor drops to get your ear party started right. Go bold with your beauty routine — bright red lips or playful purple eyeliner — to really make ’em pop, then take the more minimalist route when it comes to the rest of your getup.
2. BaubleBar Ishigaki Drops ($34): Pull out all the stops with these swingy scene-stealers that are perfect for gallery hopping or dressy dinner dates with the girls. Team with a streamlined jumpsuit and suede mules for #OOTD perfection.
3. Stella & Dot Versatile 4 in 1 Lotus Tassel Chandeliers ($49): To say these turquoise chandeliers are versatile would be an understatement. You can rock these architectural stunners four different ways, meaning you can sport them all week long and no one will be the wiser. #winning
4. Nasty Gal Tassel at Hand Hoop Earrings ($25): There’s nothing basic about these tried-and-true hoops. Black thread, gold beads and tassels serve up a serious dose of panache to instantly update ditsy floral dresses and cutoff shorts alike.
5. Zara Pineapple and Palm Tree Earrings ($20): Enter the statement chandeliers you won’t want to take off. Between the pineapple charms and glitzy bits, they’re a straight-up conversation starter — a must-have for first dates or a summer wedding.
6. Nasty Gal Margaux Tassel Earrings ($25): Add these rhinestone-studded numbers to your #OOTD and watch as the double taps come rolling in. The glittering gems and dramatic hues (oh, and the tassels too!) make for an OMG-worthy combo we can’t stop staring at.
7. Free People Sangria Sunrise Fringe Earrings ($28): It’s official: THESE are the fringed-out earrings you need in your capsule wardrobe this season. Get your #girlboss on by pairing them up with belted high-waisted trousers, a daring bodysuit and metallic loafers, for an unexpected date-night getup with boy-meets-girl flair.
8. The Salt Empire Lilia Tassel Hoops ($98): These hand-forged brass hoops are everything when it comes to making a subtle statement. Wear one with an amped-up stud to earn some serious street-style cred.
9. Tory Burch Macramé Hoop Earrings ($150): Monday mornings are hard enough without adding the whole getting-dressed thing into the equation, but these red-hot hoops are guaranteed to get you up and moving — without hitting snooze three times.
10. Mango Faceted Crystal Earrings ($25): Stop it right now. Take your accessorizing game to the next level by parting ways with just-your-average earrings and rocking these show-stoppers instead. Your LWD’s new BFF? Hell to the yeah.
11. BaubleBar Sardinia Drops ($38): For a one-of-a-kind look that will take you from day to night, these flirty hoops will more than deliver. The vibrant colorful and playful tassels will dress up any work-week look with little to no effort.
12. Topshop Bright Tassel Earrings ($22): Tassel game strong. Whether you’re hitting up your favorite festival or swayin’ to the beat at a backyard bash, these are the unreal baubles every boho dress in your wardrobe has been waiting for.
13. Anthropologie Sassnitz Earrings ($48): Understated design and It-girl appeal make these dangling ear jackets a pair for the minimalist crowd. Bust ’em out with a color block frock when you want stand-apart style without going over the top.
14. BaubleBar Amalfi Drops ($34): High-octane drops with howlite studs point straight ahead to impeccable style. Their laid-back Mediterranean vibe would make the perfect partner to airy cold-shoulder dresses and pom-pom-studded kicks for seaside soirees and summer weddings.
15. Free People Stone Cluster Duster Earrings ($78): Bust out the top knot — these dreamy duster earrings were made for showing off. Redefine your weekend wardrobe by pairing these with a classic t-shirt, jeans and bomber jacket mix.
16. ASOS Fine Bead Rainbow Tassel Earrings ($13): Let these rainbow tassel earrings spark a little creativity in your #OOTD. Teamed with athleisure essentials or a coveted crocheted top, they’re guaranteed to turn a few heads.
17. Stella & Dot Versatile 4 in 1 Totem Tassel Chandeliers ($59): Keep them guessing with boho babe drops that will give closet basics a much-needed boost. Detachable elements allow you to switch up your look in seconds, making them an ah-mazing addition to any desk-to-dinner ensemble.
18. Zozi Design Leather Fringe Earrings ($89): Whether you have an important interview on the agenda or you’re looking to bring your LBD back to life, these luxe leather earrings will rise to the challenge. Showcasing both your free-spirited and sophisticated sides, they’ll never do you wrong.
19. J.Crew Beaded Tassel Earrings ($65): Cue the compliments: These crystal drops are ready to steal the spotlight. The beaded detailing and diva-approved gemstones will add major wow factor to simple shirt dresses and classc LBDs for a fun look you’ll want to recreate on the daily.
20. Anthropologie Rabo Fringe Earrings ($88): Try these elegant fringe-flecked earrings on for size alongside an off-the-shoulder top, accordion pleat midi skirt and cute clogs for an after-hours look any fashion girl would swoon over.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.