Morning Buzz! Taylor Swift’s Sleepover Had Unicorn Onesies and Pizza Because Taylor Swift + More
Happy hump day, all! From an inspirational pizza party to a revolutionary idea for Hollywood, here are six of today’s top news items to get you through Wednesday below!
1. Taylor Swift’s Met Gala afterparty had pizza, Haim, and unicorn onesies. So basically best party ever? After having an amazing night at the “party for the ages” on Monday night — and, of course, becoming a meme — Taylor hit up the official Met Gala after party at the Standard Hotel. But the AFTER after party was comfortably in her hotel room with some of her besties — the Haim sisters, and also, some giant pizzas. “After the after party is… Well… This,” she wrote, because really, doesn’t the picture speak for itself??
2. Do you need a reason to love Channing Tatum even more? No? Too bad, because we’ve got a big one. Speechless with Carly Fleischmann is a new web series featuring Carly, a non-verbal autistic woman. She interviewed Channing Tatum on her first episode, and he was, as always, an absolute delight. And so was Carly — she opened the interview, via her communication keyboard, with “Would you date a 21-year-old person with autism?” Channing lost it, joking that he would if it was okay with his wife. Carly had an arsenal of questions that we’re sure Channing has never been asked before, and the whole thing is just wonderful. Watch it above.
3. Frozen fans are asking Disney to make Elsa a lesbian in the upcoming sequel. You might have noticed #GiveElsaAGirlfriend trending on social media the past couple of days; it all started when Twitter’s favorite teen feminist Alexis Isabel Moncada (aka @lexi4prez) tweeted “I hope Disney makes Elsa a lesbian princess imagine how iconic that would be,” over the weekend. She added “Dear @Disney, #GiveElsaAGirlfriend.” In an article on MTV.com, Alexis explains that a lot of the LGBT community who are fans of the movie see it as a m”etaphor for the experience of coming out and accepting who you are.” She got to thinking that this could apply to figuring out your sexuality as well. “The entertainment industry has given us girls who have fallen in love with beasts, ogres who fall for humans, and even grown women who love bees. But we’ve never been able to see the purity in a queer relationship.” Is this something Disney would ever do? We’ll have to wait and see. (via MTV)
4. This sweet piggie saw a fork and rolled right over for belly scratches. Look, if someone was calling us over with a back scratcher, we wouldn’t hesitate either, so we get it, sweet little mini pig!
Ted Cruz accidentally punches, elbows his wife in the face after dropping out of the GOP race pic.twitter.com/l6uYiX4mKB
— GIF The News (@NowThisGIF) May 4, 2016
5. When it’s only Wednesday. Ted Cruz’s wife is all of us right now.
6. Quote of the day: “I’m trying to literally inspire these kids the way Disney inspired me, the way, you know, when I saw the original Star Wars.” – Kanye West talks to Steve Harvey about ideas for his upcoming Life of Pablo tour.
What’s the most inspiring live concert you’ve ever seen? Let us know on Twitter at @BritandCo!