The BritList: The Pillow Tie, Flask Bangle + More
From cardigans to crescent rolls, this week was all about making things you already know and love even more awesome. Today’s BritList features quite a few things that fall into the same category, so let’s get on with it!
1. Pillow Tie: First there was the pocket tie, then the flask tie, and now the perfect thing for right after you’re done with the flask tie: the Pillow Tie!
Remember the hottug? A hot tub in a boat based in Holland? Well there’s a new hot tub boat in town, and it’s just a hop skip and a jump away in Seattle!
3. Crocheted Lego Blanket: Nerdy knitting, er crocheting, at its very best.
4. Flask Bangle: Leave it to Cynthia Rowley to turn a bangle into a flask. A tough sell at $225, but it’s definitely on our wish list.
5. Portraits of People Who Wear Their Dogs’ Fur as Clothing: This is real. Doumé Jalat-Dehen of Brittany, France creates custom coats, sweaters, and hats for dog owners using the fur gathered from their beloved pets (the stuff that results from shedding and brushing). It can take up to 7 years to gather enough fur for a wearable garment. Wow.
6. 3D Dinosaur Cookie Cutters: They give you all the parts to make your own 3D dino!!
7. BiblioTech: A library with no books? The future is here and happens to be in Brit’s hometown of San Antonio! The space will look more like like an Apple store than the libraries we’re used to seeing, with 100 e-readers available for circulation and take-out, 50 e-readers for children, 50 computer stations, 25 laptops, and 25 tablets on site.
8. Anti-Loneliness Ramen Phone Holder: Who wants to be lonely when they’re sipping and slurping a hot bowl of ramen?
9. Changemakrs: This simple site is a place to find and store all those inspirational quotes you love.
10. 80s Nostalgia in Felt Form: Love these soft representations of iconic 80s tech items.