How to Find the Perfect Blush for Your Skin Tone
The world of beauty is a magical, unicorn-loving place where dreams come true and brows get tinted, but the industry can be super overwhelming at times. There are so many options for products, and it’s hard to find the perfect shade of anything. You can easily spend hours in Sephora trying on different products in search for your glass slipper — err, gloss. This can be especially true when it comes to choosing the perfect blush. Aside from your usual eye makeup game, wearing blush is one of the quickest ways to achieve an instant facelift. It can make you appear younger, define your cheekbones and balance out your makeup all in just a few swipes. But if you’re rocking the wrong color, things can go south fast. So whether you have an olive, fair, dark or medium skin tone, here are the most flattering blush colors just for you. You’re welcome.
1. Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flamingo ($10): Fair-skinned ladies, you’ll want to stick with something that’s close to a blushy pink. If you’re in the market for a darker tone, try to stay away from violet hues — they can wash you out and make you look paler than you actually are. Pair this color with an electric blue liner for a more dramatic finish and instant omg-worthy results.
2. NARS Blush in Orgasm ($30): If you want to give your cheeks a pop of color during the daytime, then this shade is for you. This hue will complement yellow undertones via a peachy color that provides the ultimate effortless summer glow.
3. MAC X Chris Chang Electric Mandarin ($17): This hue is perfect for your daytime shenanigans. It will help define your cheekbones and give your medium skin just the right amount of color. Try to stick with something that doesn’t have too much white in the formula for best results. Rock this must-have with a shimmery gloss and you’re good to go!
4. Stila Convertible Color in Camellia ($25): This caramel hue will show off your cheeks like no other. Because your skin is already warm, this color will give your cheeks a slight uplift and bright radiance. The perfect flirty color? Yeah, we think so.
5. Benefit Rockateur ($29): Rosey pink hues, like this one from Benefit, look gorgeous on olive skin tones. It’ll give you a jolt without looking too over the top or done up. You essentially want to avoid cool hues, which is why we gravitate toward the clean warmth of this shade. To add pizzazz to your daytime look, add a shimmery golden finish to your cheekbones.
6. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Luminous Blush in Radiant Finish ($34): Olive complexions want to stick to shades on the warmer end of the color spectrum. This shimmering hue will truly make your face glow no matter what your skincare routine is. If you’re looking for something edgier come nighttime, try pairing this blush with bronzes, purples and plums.
7. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Red Cheeks ($6): While this color might look dramatic, it’s perfect for a rich, dark complexion. This bold-AF color offers up a bright finish in a rose-inspired shade. A little goes a long way with this blush, so don’t be too liberal with the application. Pair it with a single swipe of mascara and a fierce mini cat eye to really up the ante.
8. Lancôme Blush Subtil Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush in Petite Pomegranate ($32): Your nighttime look is all about the drama — we get that. Give this brick hue a go if you want to upgrade your date-night beauty look with a soft yet fierce infusion of color. While this product does have a cooler feel, it won’t wash out your complexion thanks to its red finish.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty tips.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!