These Are the 18 Sweetest Celebrity Father’s Day Tributes on Instagram
Happy Father’s Day everyone! We paid homage to moms everywhere with this Mother’s Day roundup back in May, and now it’s Dad’s turn for a little recognition. In an outpouring of social media love, celebs flocked to Instagram to share their favorite memories and sweet wishes for the greatest men in their lives, from their own dads to their devoted and doting partners. While you were busy streaming these shows with your dad or catching up on all the best Disney dad moments in history, we’ve rounded up all of their most endearing sentiments, just for you. Enjoy!
1. Nicole Richie: Nicole got uncharacteristically mushy while penning her tribute to husband Joel Madden, writing, “Thank you for making me a mommy,” (followed by two eggplant emojis, because Nicole Richie). She continued on to say, “Thank you for encouraging our children to be human instead of perfect. And thank you for your unconditional love, patience and acceptance. I hope our son turns out to be just like you.” Awwww!
She couldn’t leave her own dad Lionel out though, also adding this second pic of him with Joel and her son, adding the caption, “To my favorite men in the world.”
2. Kylie and Kendall Jenner: Regardless of gender, Caitlyn will always be Kylie and Kendall’s dad, as they reminded the world today with their sweet social shares. Kylie posted this top throwback of the two of them, saying “Happy Father’s Day to this incredible soul,” while Kendall let a heart caption speak for itself.
3. Halle Berry: Halle’s reflective Father’s Day tribute is utterly heartbreaking, and a reminder to always cherish your time with your loved ones while you have it. “It’s days like today that I wish my dad were still here so I could tell him that I forgive him and that I love him. We didn’t have much of a relationship, but with age I’ve realized he did the best he could with what he was given. So Happy Father’s Day to him and to all the dads out there.” *Tears*
4. Gina Rodriguez: “Dad, you are my world,” begins Gina on a beautiful black and white snap of her with her father. “You taught me to be strong and loving, kind and generous. I love your heart, I love that God blessed me to be your child and I love that you are my best friend. Happy Father’s Day.”
5. Leann Rimes: Leann honored her dad today despite differences the two have had in the past, saying, “That’s my daddy! We’ve had our share of ups and downs, but he’s still and always will be “the man” in my eyes and heart. I love you dad and am proud of us. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing.”
5. Kate Upton: Kate wasn’t shy about sharing her affection for her dad, writing “HAPPY FATHER’S DAY DAD! I’m so lucky to have such an amazing man as my dad. Thanks for teaching me to work hard and laugh harder. I don’t know what I would have done without your support, love and jokes! I LOVE YOU.”
6. Kristin Cavallari: Kristin kept her message to hubby of three years Jay Cutler short and sweet, saying “The boys and Saylor are so lucky to have you as their dad. Happy Father’s Day!”
7. Tia Mowry: The Tia Mowry at Home star shared a sweet snap of her and her dear old dad, captioning it with the following: “This man right here. He taught me everything I know. How to work hard, how to forgive, how to love unconditionally. How to live! I love you pops so much! Your daily calls, I mean daily calls, always get me through this thing called life! Love you pops!”
8. Dakota Fanning: Dakota called herself out for ignoring her poor dad in her post, saying, “I may be on the phone and ignoring him in this photo, but my dad is truly the best. He is everything a father should be and greatest man I will ever know.”
9. Ashley Tisdale: Ashley Tisdale shared a sweet throwback with the world (even if her dad CAN’T see it). “Happy Father’s Day daddy!!” she writes. “This is my favorite picture of us, on the beach goofing off and having fun. Thanks for always being there for me and giving me pep talks. Wouldn’t be where I am without you. (Just realized you won’t see this bc you don’t have Instagram, but it’s the though that counts, right?)” That’s right, Ash!
10. Olivia Wilde: The pregnant actress paid a sweet homage to her husband and partner Jason Sudeikis, saying, “Happy Father’s Day to all the kind, supportive, fun, hilarious dads out there. Especially this one.”
11. Reese Witherspoon: Reese posted a snap of her husband Jim Toth with son Tennessee, saying, “Happy Father’s Day to this great father! AND all the amazing dads out there who love and nurture the wonderful children of the world.”
12. Alyssa Milano: Posing with her pops on a merry-go-round in this ‘70s throwback, Alyssa’s caption reads “Me and my dad circa 1973. Happy Father’s Day to this beautiful soul. Thank you for being the best daddy in the world to me and the best granddaddy to my babies. I love you so.”
13. Ryan Seacrest: Ryan kept things humorous, writing that he “couldn’t have asked for a better role model — or fondue partner.” Cute!
14. Connie Britton: Nashville (which, in case you haven’t heard, has officially been picked up by CMT) star Connie Britton penned quite the homage to her father, writing, “My dad. One of the wisest, most authentic, integrity-filled heartfelt people I’ve ever known. He shaped me into who I am. Dads can be so powerful and generous that way. Happy Father’s Day to all you amazing dads out there. From me and my astounding ‘80s fashion sense.”
15. Carrie Underwood: Country crooner Carrie Underwood showed off her spouse, Mike Fisher, hanging out with son Isaiah at the zoo. She said of the snap, “Proverbs 22:6 (NIV) Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there…..especially to my own and to the father of my sweet angel, Isaiah! I’m so blessed to have such amazing, strong men in my life and so happy that he has such incredible examples to follow!”
16. Lucy Hale: Lucy made her dad this heartwarming collage, saying, “To my sweet, loving, hysterical Daddy…Happy Father’s Day! Would give anything to be with you today.”
17. Neil Patrick Harris: Neil gave a sweet nod to his hardworking husband David, writing “Happy Father’s Day! I’m so grateful for David being an amazing person, and for his selfless and constant work raising these two ‘lil nuggets.”
18. Kendra Wilkinson Baskett: Last but not least was Kendra Wilkinson Baskett, with this adorable video of her husband Hank in the pool with their kids. “Happy Father’s Day to literally the best father in the world. I’ve never seen or met any other man this hands on or this in love with his children. @hank_baskett we all hit the jackpot with you. Success to us is YOU. Happy Father’s Day babe!”
Share your dad snaps with us over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Brad Barket/Getty)