This ’90s Office-wear Trend Is Getting a Celeb-Approved Comeback
When finding the next hot trend, you sometimes don’t need to look much further than the recent past. Recently, celebs have been rocking plenty of throwback style trends like ’90s hairstyles and makeup and totally DIYable retro chokers. But that’s not all. Style icons like Karlie Kloss,Chrissy Teigen and Bella Hadid, to name a few, have been sporting another blast-from-the-past trend recently, and it’s definitely one to watch: the pinstripe.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by 🦋 (@bellahadid) on
Take Bella Hadid, who recently looked like she was channeling Cameron Diaz in The Mask in this pinstripe two piece with glossy red lips. We are also diggin’ the oversized denim jacket.
Then there’s Bella Thorne, who posted this pic of herself wearing striped denim and proved that the trend works on almost any kind of fabric. Here are a few more ways to work pinstripe into your wardrobe:
1. Brooks Brothers Pinstripe Jumpsuit ($198): Since pinstripe is a menswear classic, suiting co. Brooks Brothers are experts on the pattern. This adorbs jumpsuit for the ladies is traditional with a twist, and an outfit you could get away with even at a more traditional workplace. Take it out for the night with some bright or metallic accessories.
2. Only Hearts Denim Stripe Bralette ($48): This striped bralette would be so adorbs peeking out from under a button up. It’d also double as a camisole alternative.
3. Banana Republic Ruffle Pinstripe Skirt ($88): This ruffle skirt is perfect for the office and happy hour. The pinstripe definitely lends an air of propriety while the fit is still super fun.
4. Mantico Pinstripe Backpack ($255): Talk about multi-functional: this backpack is not only adorable, but totally functional and super soft. It goes with everything from jeans and a tee to a more complex layered outfit, such as a ‘90s slip dress and baby tee combo.
5. DKNY Pinstripe Card Case ($68): Pinstripes don’t have to come stitched! And yes, it totally works in nappa leather too. Impress everyone with this profesh card case that can double as a coin purse.
6. Ann Taylor Wide Leg Pinstripe Pants ($98): Yes, these cropped pants are totally Monday through Friday-appropriate, but pair ’em with a simple black tee, white sneakers and some vintage Ray Bans and you’re weekend-ready.
7. Forever21 Pinstripe Athletic Pant ($25): Yep, pinstripes are perfect for lounging too. These super soft sweatpants are just as great for running errands as they are for Netflix and chill.
8. Topshop Pinstripe Tube Skirt ($45): This pencil skirt is a closet staple because it’s, simply put, SO VERSATILE. It’s a dark navy jersey tube skirt (which you know means stretchy!) that you can dress up with heels or down with sneakers. Score!
9. Oasis Cutabout Stripe Top ($21): Try taking this tank out for the night instead of regulating it to your “workwear only” section of your closet — some cute heels, black jeans and a large necklace will make this a surprising ensemble.
10. Topshop Pinstripe Belted Jumpsuit ($95): This statement-making white jumpsuit is spot on for brunch with the gals or date night. The adjustable sides add plenty of detail and just a hint of edge ;)
11. City Chic Pinstripe Dress ($99): Talk about a date-night stunner. This silhouette-hugging pinstripe dress on denim looks great with a pop of color, such as a red pump, or with understated gold and silver jewelry.
13. Timo Weiland Olivia Strapless Top ($285): This universally-flattering top is kind of a splurge, but so worth it. Plus, it comes with pockets. YAAAAS!
14. Finders Keepers Dissolve Dress ($159): Not only is the pattern on-trend, but the silhouette of this Finders Keepers dress is also a head-turner. The broad belt helps cinch the look.
Tweet us any other pinstripe pieces we might have forgotten @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via John Sciulli / Getty)