9 Throwback Fashion Brands That Are Experiencing a Major Revival
As much as we love that new NEW, there’s something to be said about a good remix trend that brings the nostalgia. What can we say — we’re all ‘90s babes at heart. What if we told you that a slew of popular throwback brands were on the verge of having a major comeback? Oh yeah, it’s *already* happening. Because we know we weren’t the only ones who shed a tear (or three) when we had to retire our beloved Juicy Couture tracksuits — or dreaded the day when logo-emblazoned streetwear was deemed dead — it’s safe to say everything old(ish) is indeed experiencing a resurgence of sorts. Cue the happy dance and scroll on for nine revival brands and collaborations that are giving us ALL the feels.
1. Esprit: Dream collabs do come true. Inspired by Esprit’s eclectic prints and colorways from the ‘80s and ‘90s, Esprit by Opening Ceremony is just as delightfully whimsical as we had hoped. But don’t be mistaken: It’s not all logos and sorbet hues. We’re smitten with this ditsy floral dress featuring a denim bustier top that’s practically made for those long summatime strolls along the High Line. Brit + Co Pick: Esprit by Opening Ceremony Denim Ditsy Floral Combo Dress ($225)
2. Juicy Couture: If you haven’t heard through the grapevine by now that #trackisback (Juicy tracksuits, that is), then consider yourself informed. Proceed to channel your inner Jenny from the block with this off-duty red velour jumpsuit or a pair of the brand’s popular “juicy” branded bottoms. Rhinestone embellishments included, of course. Brit + Co Pick: Juicy Couture for UO Velour Coverall Jumpsuit ($199)
3. Tommy Hilfiger: Pass up the chance to dress like our favorite It girl? Not on our watch. We want the entire shoppable Tommy x Gigi collection, and we want it now. All thanks to Gigi Hadid — she is the brand’s global ambassador and all — Tommy Hilfiger is back on the map with a revamped line of preppy staples (think: less nautical, more laid-back SoCal-cool). Brit + Co Pick: #TOMMYNOW Viscose Patchwork Top Gigi Hadid ($100)
4. Champion: We know what you’re thinking: WTF, how can millennial pink Champion sweatpants cost that freaking much? One word: Vetements. When the OG of American sportswear teams up with the Parisian “design collective” of the moment, the result is nothing short of groundbreaking. AKA, hide your wallets. Brit + Co Pick: Vetements x Champion Sweatpants ($660)
5. Guess: No longer just a forgotten mall brand, Guess recently joined forces with A$AP Rocky (AKA, Mr. GQ) for a capsule collection chock-full of summer pastels, stripes, and throwback classics. Just how perf would these mint-hued overalls be for a Coney Island date night? Brit + Co Pick: Guess x A$AP Rocky Denim Overalls ($138)
6. Vans: While the classic age-old debate has always been Vans vs. Converse, we’re definitely partial to these retro canvas tennies with a Palm Springs spin. The inner sk8er girl in you will be packing these babies for a weekend in Newport Beach. Brit + Co Pick: Vans Unisex Authentic Lace-Up Sneakers in Palm Springs ($60)
7. Ellesse: Founded in 1959, the Italian sportswear brand Ellesse may be best known for their line of logo-strewn sweatpants, track jackets, and casual t-shirts. True to form, this blush sweatshirt dress not only features the founder Leonardo Servadio’s initials (LS), but the brand’s iconic red, orange, and white half-tennis ball-inspired logo lives on as well. Brit + Co Pick: Ellesse Relaxed High Neck Sweat Dress ($68)
8. New Balance: When even J.Crew taps you for a partnership, you know you’ve made it. New Balance’s activewear line for the purveyor of prep (ahem, this palm print co-ord) is low-key making us want to put in a few more sessions at the yoga studio. Brit + Co Pick: New Balance for J.Crew Premium Performance Scoopneck Sports Bra in Palm Print ($50) + Performance Capri Leggings in Palm Print ($75):
9. Adidas: You don’t need us to remind you that those notorious Adidas Superstars and Stan Smiths have become major street-style bait among the trendsetting crowd. But as it turns out, their apparel line packs just as much swagger. The next time you channel an athleisure look, don’t hesitate to give one of the brand’s iconic trefoil logo-adorned sweatshirts, joggers, or simple three-stripe t-shirts a spin around the block. Brit + Co Pick: Trefoil Crew Sweat by Adidas Originals ($60)
Which of these throwback brands are you most excited to see make a comeback? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.