Calling all new moms! Caring for your little one 24/7 doesn’t have to mean sacrificing your self-care regimen. It does, however, require creative thinking to carve out the time for your baby-safe beauty regimen in between feedings, naps, and dirty diapers. To help, the real-life stars behind mommy-centric blogs and parenting sites spill their best beauty tips for new moms. Behold these 9 time-saving hacks for stylish mothers from women who are experts at doing it all (while looking fab).
christine andrew, Hello Fashion blog
1. Treat breakouts overnight to save time in the morning. Blemishes happen — even to the best of us — but to maximize her time in the morning, Andrews treats pop-ups the night before. She explains how, “Use a needle to poke a hole in a liqui-gel capsule (anything with ibuprofen) and apply to your problem spot. It will help reduce swelling and redness overnight and cut down on cover-up time in the morning.” Brit + Co Pick: Advil Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Liqui-Gels Capsules ($4)
2. Spritz your makeup brushes with water to get the most out of your powders. Andrews maximizes the pigment in her powders by spritzing her makeup brushes pre-application. She explains, “It’s perfect for eyeshadows when you want a color to pop more or for a stronger blush or bronzer.” Brit + Co Pick: Crunchi Flat Top Foundation Brush ($38)
3. Grab a multi-tasking BB cream for coverage. These time-savers combine skincare, SPF, and coverage all into one time-saving product — perfect for an on-the-go mom. Andrew says, “A BB cream is your best friend for a quick and easy makeup look.” Brit + Co Pick: Purlisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30 ($35)
rachel parcell, pink peonies
4. Stock up on lanolin. Parcell reaches for this multi-tasking ointment for everything from post-nursing nipple care to keeping her pucker hydrated. “After my daughter was born, I started using this on my lips after washing my face at night and before applying lipstick [in the day].” Brit + Co Pick: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin Minis ($11 for 3)
5. Invest in a long-wear foundation. “When you’re a busy mom, you don’t have time to think about all of the makeup essentials every day,” she notes. ” Find a foundation that gives you everything you need — full coverage and a natural glow, all in one container.” Brit + Co Pick: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($64)
6. Keep your hands off your face. When you’re already pressed for time, the last thing you need is added germs and bacteria to the facial mix, amiright?! That’s why this mom keeps her hands off her face, noting, “Especially [after] chasing my two babies around all day, I can only imagine how dirty my hands are, and I don’t want that on my face!” Brit + Co Pick: The Honest Co. Hand Sanitizer Spray ($6)
Emily jackson, the ivory lane
7. Grab skincare products that do double-duty. Whether you’re using lanolin as a lip gloss, or a cosmetic stick for the eyes, lips, and cheeks, start reaching for multi-tasking beauty products regularly. Jackson shares, “The fewer products you have, the more time you’ll have.” A weekly face mask that scrubs off like an exfoliant in the shower will make a major difference in your regimen while streamlining steps. Brit + Co Pick: SkinEscens Rejuvenating Facial Powder ($110)
8. Invest in multi-tasking hair tools. These days, technology allows for ground-breaking beauty tools that make hair prep So. Much. Easier. Jackson notes, “I love testing out new hair tools, but lately I’ve been using Conair’s Curl Secret 2.0 and 2-in-1 Styler. The Curl Secret has two different interchangeable curl chambers that allow you to customize your curl [for] whatever look you’re going for.” Brit + Co Pick: Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret 2.0 ($100) and Conair Infiniti Pro 2-in-1 Styler ($43)
9. Find your holy grail moisturizer. “I’m such a Charlotte Tilbury fan — my all-time favorite lipstick is Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Kim K.W. ($34) paired with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Pillow Talk Liner ($22),” Jackson says. “When I saw this moisturizer I decided to pick it up and test it out, and so far I LOVE it! I’m impressed with [its] anti-aging and hydrating factor.” Brit + Co Pick: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Treat & Transform Moisturizer ($100)
What time-saving beauty hacks could improve your regimen? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.