I was in NYC this morning trying to spread some holi-DIY cheer with the folks at the Today Show. Here are my favorite ways to hack your on holiday decor:
1. Wall Tree – Great for a small space, this tree takes only a couple minutes to make and will give you a funky, minimalistic vibe.
2. Book Tree – Grab some books you’ve got gathering dust on your shelves, stack from wide to narrow, and you’ve got a solid Christmas tree going. Be sure to top with the tome you’re currently reading for a cute star and an epic bookmark! (Images via Recyclart and Twig & Thistle)
3. Bow Wreath – Gather up hot glue, a bit of cardboard, and all your extra bows, and you’ll have a fabulous wreath to greet your guests.
4. Ornament Garland – If you’re rocking the wall tree, don’t let all your ornaments sit in storage. Turn them into a gorgeous garland and decorate your mantle or table.
5. Candy Cane Votives – These are great on your holiday table and they’re made from ingredients you already have around the house… Who knew food coloring doubled as stained glass?
How do you add some DIY flair to holiday decor? Tell me over on Twitter.