The Top 10 Most Pinned Holiday Treats of 2016
December 2016 is shaping up to be a very Pinterest-worthy holiday indeed. From Christmas appetizer recipes to some serious party food, pretty much everything you could possibly cook, bake or DIY can be discovered through Pinterest. So we're willing to bet Pinterest is a pretty good place to find out what's hot and trendy in any season. This year, it's all about creative cookie recipes and crock pot desserts. Here are the top 10 most pinned holiday treat trends of 2016 — be sure to serve at least one of these at your own holiday party.
1. Buttery Jam Thumbprint Cookies: These adorable melt-in-your-mouth treats only require six ingredients. That’s right: SIX. All you need is butter, powdered sugar, salt, flour, vanilla extract and the fruit preserves of your choice. (via Chew Out Loud)
2. The Best Soft and Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies: These super doughy and incredibly flavorful (they have both dried cranberries AND white chocolate chips) cookies will be a huge hit. Pro tip: Be sure to chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour, if not more, before baking. (via The Domestic Rebel)
3. Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies: Crinkle cookies have a delicate, flaky texture that’s PERFECT for biting into. While crinkle cookies normally require a few hours of refrigeration, these bad boys are ready to cook right away, making the cooking process a lot shorter. (via Cooking Classy)
4. Perfect Frosted Sugar Cookies: Forget those uber-soft and doughy sugar cookies you can buy at the grocery store — these are even BETTER! They’re just as doughy, arguably cheaper and 100 percent homemade. Bonus points for forming them into adorable Christmas trees. (via Wholefully)
5. Brown Butter Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies: 2016 may go down as the year of the crinkle cookie and we’re not mad about it. This recipe is another fantastic take on this delicious trend. As an optional bonus, feel free to add half a cup of some chopped nuts into the mix. (via Cookies and Cups)
6. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding: It's not just meaty dinner recipes that can be made in a slow cooker. Desserts can be made in there too! This particularly drool-worthy concoction features pumpkin, pecans, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown cloves and vanilla ice cream. (via The Gunny Sack)
7. Delicious Gooey Red Velvet Butter Cookies: With the gooey texture, chocolatey taste and vibrant red color of these cookies, we’re not surprised they’re one of the most pinned recipes of 2016. The secret ingredient to making such rich and decadent treats? Cream cheese. (via All Top Food)
8. Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies: There’s something about the buttery taste of shortbread that perfectly complements tangy tart cranberries. Before baking, dip these cookies into a bowl of sugar on either side. This will create a sweet, delicious coating that really takes these sugary bites to the next level. (via Mom on Time Out)
9. Crock Pot Turtle Pudding Cake: Now *this* crock pot recipe is one all your guests will be sure to remember. In traditional turtle fashion, it features the flavors of caramel, pecans and chocolate. Bonus points for adding vanilla ice cream on top. (via Our Table For Seven)
10. Red Velvet Christmas Snowflakes: This adorable recipe combines the flavors of red velvet with the prettiness of snowflake cookies. Be sure to use a piping bag to get that characteristic snowflake pattern. Save time and energy by picking up pre-made frosting at your local store — no judgement here. (via Created By Diane)
Follow us on Pinterest to stay up-to-date on the most pin-worthy recipes and meal ideas!