We’ve been on a soup kick here and we’re gonna keep it coming. Who doesn’t love a belly warming soup in the heart of winter?
After rounding up 12 of our favorite light soups to start off January, we’ve hacked one of our favorites, Tortilla Soup! Typically a soup that involves tons of prep work and lots of different spices, we’ve come up with a super simple way to make with only 3 ingredients. And, depending on your mood that day, there are plenty of ways to improvise it with garnishes, veggies, and, of course, tortilla chips.
– 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed chicken and rice soup (we prefer low sodium)
– 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
– 1 packet taco seasoning (we prefer low sodium as well)
Optional and Tasty Garnishes:
– tortilla chips
– light Mexican shredded cheese
– frozen corn
– canned black beans (low sodium of course!)
Let’s make some soup! It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Pour in the condensed chicken and rice soup and tomato sauce.
2. Fill the condensed chicken and rice soup can with water and pour it in.
3. Dump the whole packet of taco seasoning in there. Bring to a gentle boil… and you’re done!
This tastes just like the tortilla soup you get at restaurants. Amazing!
Wanna make the tortilla soup a little more fancy? When the soup comes to a boil, add in the corn and black beans, and bring to a boil again. Once it begins to boil, it’s ready to be slurped! Well, after it cools of course.
And who can resist a little cheese topping?
Then we were like, “hey, why not add some veggie chips in the mix as well?” Gotta get our daily dose of veggies, right? ;)