As the summer starts to wind down (womp), you’re using those PTO days to squeeze in weekends away, exotic adventures, or even staycations. No matter where you land, there’s a cheap and easy way to add a cozy vibe to your hotel room: Light a candle. The travel sizes make them easy to pack — and to set the mood. Just be sure to check with your final destination for the A-OK to use. Here, the best pint-sized flames for every trip.
1. Henri Bendel Firewood Travel Candle ($15): No fireplace? No problem! This tiny candle delivers the rustic and smokey ambiance needed to enhance the setting for a cozy weekend away (giant knit blanket not included).
2. Catbird Rooftop, Saturday Travel Candle ($15): Notes of orange blossom, gin fizz, and bergamot make this citrusy candle the perfect addition to any lakeside retreat.
3. Harlem Savory Luxury Travel Candle ($14): Your exotic vacay will be hot, hot, hot thanks to this deep and musky aroma. Light the intoxicating mandarin and sandalwood scent while getting ready for a night of dancing.
4. Pacifica Mexican Cocoa Soy Candle ($6): If you think chocolate-covered strawberries are sexy, try sniffing a candle that’s dripping with Mexican cocoa, almond, and vanilla. The mouth-watering scent will instantly turn up the heat on any romantic getaway.
5. Mason Jar Candles in Lavender ($10): Bring this calming blend on a restorative experience — think luxurious spas or taxing family vacays (we know; we’ve been there). The soothing scent has been shown to minimize stress, and may even help induce sleep.
6. Pour L’Air Nap Lovers Travel ($24): Headed on an outdoor adventure? Bask in the glow of this candle, which uses layers of grounding roots, clean linen, and black fig, post-hike or swim for some peaceful and cuddly down time.
What’s your favorite travel candle? Tell us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.