7 Travel Candles That’ll Create a Cozy Ambiance on Vacation
As the summer starts to wind down (womp), you’re using those PTO days to squeeze in weekends away, exotic adventures, or even staycations. No matter where you land, there’s a cheap and easy way to add a cozy vibe to your hotel room: Light a candle. The travel sizes make them easy to pack — and to set the mood. Just be sure to check with your final destination for the A-OK to use. Here, the best pint-sized flames for every trip.
1. Henri Bendel Firewood Travel Candle ($15): No fireplace? No problem! This tiny candle delivers the rustic and smokey ambiance needed to enhance the setting for a cozy weekend away (giant knit blanket not included).
2. Catbird Rooftop, Saturday Travel Candle ($15): Notes of orange blossom, gin fizz, and bergamot make this citrusy candle the perfect addition to any lakeside retreat.
3. Harlem Savory Luxury Travel Candle ($14): Your exotic vacay will be hot, hot, hot thanks to this deep and musky aroma. Light the intoxicating mandarin and sandalwood scent while getting ready for a night of dancing.
4. Pacifica Mexican Cocoa Soy Candle ($6): If you think chocolate-covered strawberries are sexy, try sniffing a candle that’s dripping with Mexican cocoa, almond, and vanilla. The mouth-watering scent will instantly turn up the heat on any romantic getaway.
5. Mason Jar Candles in Lavender ($10): Bring this calming blend on a restorative experience — think luxurious spas or taxing family vacays (we know; we’ve been there). The soothing scent has been shown to minimize stress, and may even help induce sleep.
6. Pour L’Air Nap Lovers Travel ($24): Headed on an outdoor adventure? Bask in the glow of this candle, which uses layers of grounding roots, clean linen, and black fig, post-hike or swim for some peaceful and cuddly down time.
7. Cochine White Jasmine & Gardenia ($30): Fancy pants excursions call for an equally high-end votive (just look at that shagreen box!). The floral scent is reminiscent of the gardens of Saigon, which makes the jasmine, gardenia, and peony aura a beautiful addition to any elaborate getaway.
What’s your favorite travel candle? Tell us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!