25 “Ugly” Sandals That Are Actually Anything but
Like it or not, the “ugly sandal” has been gaining some serious traction in the fashion world over the last couple seasons. With so many of our favorite brands churning out their own stylish interpretations, there’s now an “ugly sandal” to suit almost any style. From flatforms to ’70s-inspired chunky heels, we’ve rounded up some of the most on-trend sandals out there.
1. ASOS Here and Now Heeled Sandals ($81): Check out these patent tortoiseshell numbers — yeah, we’re kind of obsessed. And can you blame us? They’re the ultimate pick-me-up for every piece in our closets, from high-waisted flares to off-the-shoulder frocks.
2. Dolcetta Noelle Sandal ($59): Whether the sun is out in full force or there’s rain in the forecast, these cheerful yellow numbers are the perfect piece to perk up your getup.
4. Dr. Martens Shore Gryphon Sandals ($170): If parting with your classic Docs during the warm weather months is too heartbreaking to bear, we’ve got some good news. The iconic label has a slew of equally stylish summer kicks that bring the high quality and cool aesthetic you’ve come to know and love.
6. Loeffler Randall Cat Pool Slide ($158): Ditch the flip-flops and up your poolside swagger with a pair of of-the-moment pool slides with undeniable flair.
7. Charles Keith Slingback Cross-Strap Wedges ($59): Sleek stripes, a crisscross style and monochromatic base give this would-be-classic wedge a major style boost.
8. Cooperative Arum Cross Slide Sandal ($39): Who said sensible shoes have to be totally sans style? These vegan leather steppers might not be super subtle, but they definitely deliver in the fashion-forward department.
9. ASOS Homebound Leather Mules ($63): Give those tootsies the throwback treatment with classic ’70s-inspired mules. The thick base means supreme support for your feet, while the leather upper adds a luxe touch.
10. Teva Original Metallic Leather Sandal ($75): Despite being super comfortable and fuss-free, until a few seasons ago, Teva sandals were considered a fashion faux pas. Now that “ugly chic” is totally a thing, you’ll definitely be finding us reveling in our ’90s glory days.
11. Shellys London Furlow Sandal ($120): These eye-caching velcro kicks (yes, velcro!) are great for a boost. They aren’t a bad bet for your commute either. The flat base and secure strap mean you can run after the bus with ease.
12. Zara Leather Platform Sandals ($100): Whether you’ve got a hot date or dinner and drinks with the girls, these sky-high heels will instantly elevate any night-out ensemble.
13. Sol Sana Cady Leather Slide Sandal ($120): Durable leather lining and blush-colored straps mean these understated beauties will be sticking around for more than just one summer season. Toss ’em on with a structured shift or a downplayed tee-and-boyfriend-jean combo.
14. ASOS Fabu Embellished Sliders ($81): With bold noir gems and sleek buckles, these slingback sliders are the perfect fusion of modern, minimalist and glam.
15. Sixty Seven Tidal Pool Slides ($48): Whether you’re hitting the streets or the beach, psychedelic slides add unexpected appeal to any summer look.
16. Jaggar Bound Flatform ($62): Unleash your wild side in a pair of strappy cheetah flatforms with an edgy, don’t-mess attitude.
17. Re-Sole Camila Sandals ($99): Birkenstock-inspired sandals are having a major moment, and we can’t get enough of the über comfy stepper. Throw a playful palm tree print into the mix, and we’re sold.
18. Charles Keith Embellished Sliders ($56): Slides might not seem like an evening-appropriate shoe, but if some serious dancing is on the horizon and a late-night cab is out of the question, a blinged-out pair are the perfect alternative to traditional heels.
19. Loeffler Randall Petra Cross-Strap Sandal ($195): Gilded crisscross straps on these feet-friendly flats put the luxe in sports-luxe chic.
20. ALDO Glori Flatform ($50): For effortless summer style with a contemporary twist, these blue steel numbers are it. Pair them up with on-trend culottes, a structured top and kimono or sleeveless blazer for a fashion-forward work week getup.
21. Miista Whitney Black Soft Mint Sandals ($174): Ok, so these are a little more tame than some of the other sandals, but this chunky-strap style is no joke. From the boardroom to the boardwalk, they’re sure to step up your style game all summer long.
22. Zara Shiny Flat Slides ($36): These quicksilver sandals might not be dripping in bling, but by no means are they basic.
23. Shelleys London Nydilla Platform Sandals ($130): Classic fisherman sandals get a 21st-century facelift with a platform heel and bold color block accents.
24. River Island Light Pink Jelly Shoes ($30): Miss your jellies from days of old? This pair is made just for grownups.
25. Loeffler Randall Paz Two-Strap Sandal ($122): Iridescent saffiano leather earns these seemingly simple slip-ons major style points in our book.
What are your favorite summer kicks? Are “ugly sandals” on your style must-have list this season?