Nothing is ever out in the world of fashion. From crop tops to grunge-inspired jeans (and even scrunchies!), it seems the ’90s are having a major moment. What goes around comes around, right? The next trend to hit the scene is another ’90s favorite: the choker. Let’s be clear, this isn’t the same velvet Victorian cameo or stretch “tattoo” choker that you wore in high school. The choker has come a long way since then. As seen on the runway and celebs like Miranda Kerr and Rihanna, they’re available in everything from luxe gold to crafty yarns. Scroll down to see the 10 chokers we’re currently coveting.
1. Eliza Chain Choker ($45): Chunky chains are not only totally in, they’re also a fashion essential, since they can glam up even a plain tee and jeans.
2. Smooth Hinge Choker ($6): Sometimes a girl just needs a sleek, bold necklace to take her outfit up a notch. This shiny statement-making necklace does just that. And since it’s so affordable, you can pick up both colors.
3. Yachting Resin Choker ($185): We told ya chunky chains were in. This edgy version by NY-based Pono is feather-light in Italian matte black resin and accented with a touch of gold, brass and silver tones.
4. Cedric Charlier Yellow Scale Choker ($263): If you’re in search of a bold color with a totally luxe twist, look no further than this yellow alligator-effect embossed choker.
5. Usubeni Necklace ($70): This DIY-tinged bamboo and rope choker is a far cry from the ’90s version. Not only is it appropriate for daytime outings and the office, but you can count on it to get you major style props too.
6. Marni Red Trapeze Pendant Necklace ($333): Doesn’t this look like the kind of statement piece you’d see in a vintage magazine spread? It’s an architectural beauty, we tell ya, and lucky for us, it just went on sale.
7. Charlotte Mae Choker ($115): We can always count on Vanessa Mooney to churn out wildly sexy, boho-luxe gems. The velvet and etched gold-tone medallions will amp up any look and can even be wrapped around a fedora or your boots.
8. Talia Collar ($48): If boho is the route you’re taking, may we suggest this Southwestern-inspired metal choker? It looks like a rare, antique find, without the big-ticket price.
9. Sansa Choker ($35): Chokers get a rap for being too edgy or sexy, but this neon and gray woven yarn necklace is quite the opposite. It’s fresh and totally versatile.
10. Bandero Choker ($48): If there’s one label we’re currently crushing on, it’s Richmond-based brand Maslo Jewelry. Each piece is eerily gorgeous, with clean lines and delicate details like vintage and copper beads.
What do you this about the resurgence of this ’90s trend? Would you rock the new choker? Tell us in the comments.