’90s Girls Rejoice: 10 Super Cool Choker Necklaces
Nothing is ever out in the world of fashion. From crop tops to grunge-inspired jeans (and even scrunchies!), it seems the ’90s are having a major moment. What goes around comes around, right? The next trend to hit the scene is another ’90s favorite: the choker. Let’s be clear, this isn’t the same velvet Victorian cameo or stretch “tattoo” choker that you wore in high school. The choker has come a long way since then. As seen on the runway and celebs like Miranda Kerr and Rihanna, they’re available in everything from luxe gold to crafty yarns. Scroll down to see the 10 chokers we’re currently coveting.
1. Eliza Chain Choker ($45): Chunky chains are not only totally in, they’re also a fashion essential, since they can glam up even a plain tee and jeans.
2. Smooth Hinge Choker ($6): Sometimes a girl just needs a sleek, bold necklace to take her outfit up a notch. This shiny statement-making necklace does just that. And since it’s so affordable, you can pick up both colors.
3. Yachting Resin Choker ($185): We told ya chunky chains were in. This edgy version by NY-based Pono is feather-light in Italian matte black resin and accented with a touch of gold, brass and silver tones.
4. Cedric Charlier Yellow Scale Choker ($263): If you’re in search of a bold color with a totally luxe twist, look no further than this yellow alligator-effect embossed choker.
5. Usubeni Necklace ($70): This DIY-tinged bamboo and rope choker is a far cry from the ’90s version. Not only is it appropriate for daytime outings and the office, but you can count on it to get you major style props too.
6. Marni Red Trapeze Pendant Necklace ($333): Doesn’t this look like the kind of statement piece you’d see in a vintage magazine spread? It’s an architectural beauty, we tell ya, and lucky for us, it just went on sale.
7. Charlotte Mae Choker ($115): We can always count on Vanessa Mooney to churn out wildly sexy, boho-luxe gems. The velvet and etched gold-tone medallions will amp up any look and can even be wrapped around a fedora or your boots.
8. Talia Collar ($48): If boho is the route you’re taking, may we suggest this Southwestern-inspired metal choker? It looks like a rare, antique find, without the big-ticket price.
9. Sansa Choker ($35): Chokers get a rap for being too edgy or sexy, but this neon and gray woven yarn necklace is quite the opposite. It’s fresh and totally versatile.
10. Bandero Choker ($48): If there’s one label we’re currently crushing on, it’s Richmond-based brand Maslo Jewelry. Each piece is eerily gorgeous, with clean lines and delicate details like vintage and copper beads.
What do you this about the resurgence of this ’90s trend? Would you rock the new choker? Tell us in the comments.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.