11 “Ugly” Shoes to Snag for Fall
We never thought we’d see the day that the style-savvy set would be clamoring for a trend so odd it gives us pause. But, this is where we are. Hold on to your Louboutins, ladies. Ugly shoes are in. We’re talking Wallabees, Crocs and Tevas galore, m’friends. In the name of WTF styles, this one had us scratching our heads — that, is until we took a look at some of fall’s trendiest shoes. They might be onto something here, because each and every “ugly” shoe has major OOTD potential, with the added bonus of being beyond comfortable. Carrie Bradshaw just died a bit on the inside. Here are 11 ugly shoes to add to your collection RN.
1. Zara Flat Crepe Ankle Boots ($90): A trend isn’t a trend until it’s Zara official. These mid-ankle Wallabee-style booties are the perfect mix of form and function thanks to their slightly chunky style and uber comfy appeal.
2. Teva Flatform Universal Crackle ($90): No longer a fashion don’t, Tevas are back in a big way. We spotted versions of this go-to Dad sandal on the Instagram feeds of our favorite It girls. Match rainbow and metallic styles with a streamlined midi dress and a mini bucket bag to become instant street-style bait.
3. Birkenstock Arizona Shearling Suede and Shearling ($145): We’ve been wearing Birks obsessively the past few summers. Now that they’ve added shearling lining, we can officially sport ’em throughout the fall. Ah.ma.zing. Don’t ever change, Birks. Don’t ever change.
4. J.Crew Dr. Scholl’s Sandals in Gingham ($98): We now live in a universe where J.Crew is partnering with Dr. Scholl’s. Prayers officially answered! Rock these wear-everywhere slides with black skinnies and your best oversized sweater for an effortless take on French girl-meets-urban prep style. We’ll take two pairs, please.
5. Zara Leather Mules ($119): Okay, hear us out. These shoes definitely toe the ugly-pretty line… but they are so incredibly chic. Sport these slip-on mules with wide-legged pants and a color-blocked sweater for your nine-to-five and then take them there in a flowy, flirty dress and a bold burgundy lip for night.
6. Teva X Ugg Sandal ($175): Holy ugly shoe, Batman. This Teva/Ugg mashup is the stuff of comfy-ugly shoe dreams, and we are not mad at it. Just give them a chance with your skinniest stovepipe denim paired with a simple, boxy blouse FTW.
7. Sam Edelman “Leya” Faux Fur Laceless Sneaker ($100): These laceless sneaks are giving us all the warm fuzzies. They’re right on trend for fall’s ugly shoe fetish, and they’re also incredibly comfortable — perfect for your morning commute or weekend coffee run.
8. Target Women’s Mad Love Gisel Sneakers ($35): These babies are part sneaker, part boot and a whole lotta fabulous. Go full-on athleisure as you strut these booties alongside sheer paneled yoga pants and an army green parka.
9. Anthropologie KMB Velvet Sneakers ($148): You knew velvet was having a moment this season, but all-velvet sneakers? Just run with it. Warning: You might be tempted to stroke your feet throughout the day.
10. Zara Fur Block Heel Mules ($90): How delightfully quirky are these shoes? The thing is, they can totally be in the running for your fall shoe MVP when you rock them with casually cuffed mom jeans, a borrowed-from-the-boys peacoat and a simple cashmere sweater.
11. Topshop KLOUD Chunky Shoes ($115): Just in time for Halloween, we can channel our inner Herman Munster with these chunky steppers. Upon further inspection, you’ll see that these thick-soled beauties are actually your go-to shoe with a micro-pleated skirt, statement sweater and midi-length car coat. You’re welcome.
Looking for more shoes to add to your collection? Visit us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.