Listen up, ladies! It’s time to toss the torn up, ripped undies you still own from college. I repeat: Find the nearest trash can ASAP. Distressing only works on denim, sorry. So, what should that top drawer actually look like, you might ask? Well, we thought it was just the right time to share a quick refresher on which skivvies you should always have on hand. We’re grown-ass women, after all — no excuses!
the No-VPL Thong
1. Hanky Panky Signature Lace Low-Rise Thong ($20): VPL stands for visible panty lines, and a lace thong is this problem’s best solution. Not to mention, they’re just plain pretty.
The Full-Coverage Bikini
2. Victoria’s Secret Bikini Panty ($11): Comfort is crucial. Okay, maybe not always when it pertains to shoes, but a cotton bikini-shaped bottom that you can throw on is essential to every girl’s intimates collection.
The Just-Because Pair
3. Cosabella Never Say Never Hottie Lowrider Hotpant ($35): Every woman needs a sexy pair of underwear just because, even if it’s only to boost your confidence. Pick something special in a textured fabric or bold color.
4. Aerie Shine Triangle Bralette ($27): The basic breakdown of a bralette? Comfort + support. It’s like an elevated sports bra… only prettier.
The Everyday Bra
5. Addiction Nouvelle Contour Bra ($62): Look for a smooth fabric that will go undetected under your thinnest of tees. Chances are this little baby makes its way through your rotation more often than not, so our advice? Stock up on a few in the essential shades, like nude and black.
The Strapless Bra
6. Wacoal Red Carpet Convertible Strapless Bra ($65): With all the cold-shoulder silos topping the trends list these days, a strapless bra is a must. And if we had a dollar for every time we recommended this exact one, we’d be Beyoncé-rich. It’s the mecca of strapless bras and it works for ladies of all sizes, but it’s especially amazing for busty gals.
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.