16 Summer Pasta Dishes to Make Now
Plain ol’ spaghetti can get boring, fast. Luckily, pasta is a blank canvas just waiting for you to sauce it up this way or that. When you want to spice things up, switch up a go-to recipe and surprise guests with a this-is-the-best-thing-EVER dish. We have all your bow ties, pennes and orecchiettes covered with some of the most funky flavorful recipes around the ‘net.
4. Sausage and Zucchini Pasta: Throw in some summer veggies to transform a traditional pasta dish. Zucchini is ripe for the picking right now. And sausage is ripe for the picking always. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Avocado Basil Sauce: Sometimes pasta isn’t pasta at all. Here you see noodles of zucchini covered in creamy avocado basil sauce. And you don’t have to worry about sweating it out over a hot stove This is a heat-free affair that can thrown together in 10 minutes. (via Dishing Up the Dirt)
9. Baked Grape Tomatoes With Chives: If there’s one fool-proof herb when it comes to growing, it’s chives. If you’ve already realized that and have more than you know what to do with, put it to good use with this sauce. Pile it over any pasta that you please. (via Bite by Michelle)
12. Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Linguine with Fried Sage: Raid your summer garden or farmers market for these ingredients and then invite all your pals over for dinner… no matter their food restrictions! (via Cookie + Kate)
16. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: And for the fastest clean up imaginable, turn your food into a disposable bowl. Yup, here you’re using the contents of the sqaghetti squash as noodles and the shell as your bowl. Pretty brilliant if we do say so ourselves. (via Brit + Co)
Are you a pasta fan? What recipe has you feeling adventurous? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)