You know what’s great about pasta salads? You don’t have to slave away at the stove all day to make ’em. They’re a quick fix for a last minute picnic or even a trip to the beach. This summer, celebrate the deliciousness with these 14 simple and fresh pasta salad recipes! And then if you feel guilty about eating the entire thing (hey, it happens), work those carbs off with a circuit workout. See? It works out (ha!) for everyone.
1. Pesto Pasta Salad With Roasted Vegetables: Basil is one of the most versatile herbs around. It finds its way into everything from Thai curries to culinary cocktails. But sometimes we like to bring it back to basics and enjoy a delectable pesto. (via Eats Well with Others)
4. South of the Border Pasta Salad: There are plenty of Texans at Brit HQ, so we decided we’d share a Tex Mex take on pasta salad. The bold flavors and colors are sure to make this one of your favorites. (via Mary Ellen’s Cooking Creations)
5. Whole Wheat Greek Pasta Salad: Buckle up. We’re taking a trip to Greece! Not only is this Mediterranean dish made of whole wheat pasta, but it’s perfectly balanced with the saltiness of olives and feta playing against the slightly sweet flavors of tomato and bell pepper. (via Foodie Crush)
7. Summer Orzo Pasta Salad: If you’ve ever seen an episode of Giada’s Everyday Italian, you know that orzo is a favorite in Italy. Unfortunately, it’s super under appreciated here in the States. Give it a shot, it’s like rice… but it’s pasta! So cool. (via A Cedar Spoon)
9. Indian Inspired Pasta Salad: We’re really traveling around the globe today, aren’t we? Indian food would probably be the last thing on your mind when you hear the word “pasta,” but it turns out that Indian-inspired pasta is actually quite tasty. (via My Fancy Pantry)
11. Spanish Charcuterie Pasta Salad: Charcuterie is a branch of cooking wholeheartedly devoted to meat products. And this salad pays tribute to all the salty, smokey goodness. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
13. Buttermilk Ranch Pasta Salad: Ranch dressing basically covers all of your picnic food basics. Not only can you make a fantastic dip for your raw veggies, but you can make a pasta salad with the leftover dressing. (via Flour on My Face)
Which flavorful pasta salad will make an appearance in your kitchen soon? Let us know in the comments below!