Make This Easy Avocado Pasta Recipe For Healthy Weeknight Dinners
Mar 23, 2022
I'm not going to lie, I've eaten a lot of avocado pasta over the years. I discovered it during a time when I was trying out the Mediterranean Diet, and it quickly became a go-to weeknight dinner option for me. Because it's made with avocado, it's creamy, rich, and delicious — but also super nutritious. There's a reason it's become such a beloved recipe for anyone who wants to eat wholesome, delicious pasta recipes but also wants a good dose of nutrients. Try this easy avocado pasta recipe the next time you want a meal that's creamy, carby, nutritious, and comforting (so, pretty much any day).
Tangy Avocado Pasta
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz pappardelle pasta
- optional: chili flakes & lime garnish
- Prepare your pasta of choice according to box directions. We used pappardelle pasta, but you can swap in gluten-free pasta for this recipe too!
- While the pasta is boiling, prepare the sauce. Add all of the ingredients (except pasta) to a blender or food processor. Blend for 1 minute.
- After the pasta is strained, return it to the pan or in a bowl and add the avocado sauce. Gently fold the pasta and sauce together until well combined.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of chili flakes and a lime garnish.
If you love avocado pasta recipes like this one, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more meal inspo!
From Your Site Articles
Maggie is a writer and editor currently based in Chicago. She writes about mindfulness, astrology, nutrition, self-development, and fitness, and has a background in yoga instruction.