10 Unforgettable Vacation Experiences Around The World
You’re not basic, so why should your vacation be? In 2019, we are breaking the mold of trips that include typical happy hours and long days spent on the beach. With over 140,000 experiences to choose from on TripAdvisor, it’s time to step it up a notch — think midnight paddle boarding in Barcelona or ice floating in Finland for starters. Here are 10 must-try adventures to make your next vacay truly memorable.
1. Goat Yoga in Washington, USA: Yoga lovers, rejoice. Now you can enjoy your child’s pose with a baby goat on your back! If that isn’t dreamy enough, you get full access to roam the farm after your outdoor class. This is a perfect way to liven up your regular workout routine while enjoying the natural beauty along the Washington coast.
2. Official Street Go-Kart Tour in Tokyo, Japan: Calling all Mario Kart fans! Here’s your chance to put those years of playing video games to use on the streets of Japan IRL. Dress up as your favorite character and drive around the city with a guide, zooming by notable landmarks and sites.
3. River Bugging in Wales, United Kingdom: If you’ve never heard of or been river bugging, after you try it in Wales, you will be hooked. It begins with being hauled to the top of the river and guided down through the rapids of Llangollen on a watercraft called a river bug. While rushing through the waters, your guide will point out beautiful scenery and monuments, and you’ll end your ride in the city center with just enough time to explore the town.
4. Forest Bathing in Hawaii, USA: After a mile walk through the rainforest in Hawaii where you are encouraged to engage your senses with your surroundings, you’ll find yourself at a clearing perfect for an afternoon dip. Enjoy an informal tea ceremony and snacks harvested from the nature around you as you find your center.
5. Midnight Paddle Boarding in Barcelona, Spain: This small group midnight standing paddle board session includes a dinner of traditional Spanish dishes. You are then invited out into the water with your own board fitted with LED lights to enhance the ocean beneath you. Look at the moon and stars above you while admiring the ocean life beneath your feet.
6. Flashback Virtual Reality Tour in Pompeii, Italy: Visiting the ancient ruins of Pompeii just got a tech upgrade with this virtual reality tour. This is the first 3D multimedia tour of an ancient city; you will get to explore historical re-creations of Pompeii 2,000 years ago before it was destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius. with an interactive guide to keep you on the right path.
7. Robot Cabaret Show in Tokyo, Japan: This is so hard to properly describe and undeniably amazing. With an Alice and Wonderland-themed dinner preceding a techno disco robot dance show, this Japanese experience is not one to pass up.
8. Overnight Great Barrier Reef Experience in Queensland, Australia: This two-day excursion starts with a glass bottom boat ride along the Great Barrier Reef and includes snorkeling and sleeping accommodations in a deluxe tent on a massive pontoon. If that’s not enough, you’ll also get view the sunset and sunrise over one of the seven wonders of the world.
9. Hydro Attack Experience in Queenstown, New Zealand: For thrill seekers of all kinds, this is the adrenalin rush you’ve been craving. This individual shark boat takes you deep into the ocean and then back up into the air with 360 spins. Think rollercoaster underwater, on steroids.
10. Ice Floating Experience in Savonlinna, Finland: Equipped with waterproof rescue suits to ensure total warmth throughout your trip, this experience allows you to jump into the icy waters of Finland and float along the river while you admire the Olavinlinna Castle beside you. Don’t worry, they also provide warm beverages afterward to bring your body temp back to normal.
What worldwide experiences are you partaking in this year? Tag us in your photos on Instagram @BritandCo.
(Photos via TripAdvisor)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.