Let’s Get This Party Started: 16 Swoon-Worthy Ideas for a Valentine’s Soirée
Valentine’s Day is for lovers. Nope, not true. No way. No how. It’s for everyone (collective aww). And while you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) express your love to everyone you walk past on the street, you should let your buds know that you’re pretty sweet on them. The best and more efficient way to do just that? Throw one heart-thumping V-Day party and watch them swoon over you. (Hey, love’s a two-way street.)
2. Ombre Floral Centerpiece: Admittedly, this might be a little over-the-top for your average Valentine’s Day party, but this is an inspiration roundup, so we’re going with it. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
3. Geometric Table Runner: We’re so sure that this table runner could be easily hacked. Just gather up a plain white runner, a ruler, painters tape, and some fabric paint. Done like dinner. (via 100 Layer Cake)
6. Pomegranate Ice Cubes: While we love a good cocktail (or three), we totally respect that some people aren’t into getting into the spirits. That doesn’t mean the party in their glass has to suffer. Pomegranate ice cubes to the rescue. (via Two Loves Studio)
8. Hanging Hearts: Your party needs this. Use it as the cutest wall hanging in the universe or trick out a photo booth. Pretty please trick out a photo booth. This level of epic needs to live on forever. (via Fox In The Pine)
9. Ombre Glitter Champagne Bottles: Is it worth blinging out champagne bottles that are ultimately going to end up in the trash? Look at the photo. The answer is obviously yes. (via Julia’s Poppies Design)
10. Gold Rimming Sugar ($4): If we were giving an award for a party element that gives you the biggest bang for your buck (both time and money wise), rimming a cocktail glass would take home the honors.
12. Mazurek With Almonds and Rose Petals: Can someone please translate this recipe into English for us? In the meantime, we suggest sprinkling rose petals on any sort of flat bread and just enjoying the stunning view. (via Kwestia Smaku)
14. Tassels ($33): We know, we know. You’ve seen Confetti System’s tassel garland everywhere and hacked by everyone, but there’s a reason for that. They’re awesome, and now that others have figured out how to replicate them, they’re much easier on the pocketbook.
16. Macaron Party Favors ($10): Party favors are totally above and beyond, and people take note of that. These little takeaways will shoot them to the moon in appreciation. You always were a sweet one. (via Restyle Source)
How are you getting your Valentine’s Day party started? Show us some love in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)