Alright, so you’ve got a killer dress (check), smoking hot date-night makeup (check) and a date plan straight out of Cupid’s handbook (check!) but something’s missing… Pssst. Your February 14 ensemble wouldn’t be complete without a romantic ‘do! No matter what your V-Day plans might entail, there’s a swoon-worthy hairstyle with your name on it. Take a look at these 10 romantic hairstyles that’ll guarantee you spend the annual day of love in style.
1. The Heart Bun: Forget candy hearts — plan on rocking a heart bun this Valentine’s Day. As adorable as it is sweet, this style is surprisingly easy to replicate for yourself. (via The Beauty Department)
2. Romantic Waves: If we had all the time in the world, we’d happily wear these romantic tresses on a daily basis. For now, we’ll settle for breaking them out like the big guns for a fancy V-Day date. (via Bridal Musings)
3. Bohemian Side Braid: Bring out your boho side on the annual day o’ love with this picturesque style that’s certainly worthy of a selfie (or three). To complete the look, loosen up some strands to frame your face for a perfectly un-perfect ‘do. (via The Wonder Forest)
4. The Rope Braid Updo: If you’d rather get your hair up and out of your face for your Valentine’s plans, you might prefer this romantically chic updo. Pair the look the with smokey eye and red lip, which will bring all the attention to your gorgeous mug. (via Once Wed)
5. Half-Up, Half-Down: Let your locks frame your face with this easy trick: Simply grab a hair tie and a few bobby pins for a very grown up half-up, half-down style. You can leave the remaining hair straight or style it with some romantic waves for your own unique take. (via Marie Claire)
6. Side Wrap Braid: Amp up the romance with a dramatic ‘do that will look stunning for any activity you have planned. We especially love the contrast of the messy braid with soft waves, creating a truly stunning style. (via Makeup.com)
7. Beach Waves: Whether or not you’re headed off to a beach-y picnic, loose waves and big curls truly never go out of style. Grab your favorite curling iron and get to work creating your own romantic tresses to help you go fancy with that killer dress. (via Brit + Co)
8. Rolled Updo: For a five-minute ‘do, this style looks surprisingly glam. If you’re going straight from work to an event on the 14th, simply bring along a hairband and you’ll be looking chic in the blink of an eye. All the better if you’re rocking it in leather on Vday. (via Hair Romance)
9. The Infinity Bun: The infinity symbol will never go out of style (just like your love), so put it to good use with this dreamy ‘do. It’s the perfect way to top off your look, whether you’re dressed up for fine dining or cooking together in your own kitchen. (via The Beauty Department)
10. Fishtail Braid: Is there any event a fishtail braid doesn’t look good for? The intricate style is the perfect balance of messy and chic, and would look lovely paired your fave dress or cozy sweater. (via Once Wed)
Let us know how you’ll be wearing your hair on Valentine’s Day by tagging us on Instagram!