How to Set the Sweetest Valentine’s Breakfast Table Around
Few things beat breakfast in bed, but for a new take on the first meal of your Valentine’s Day, how about setting up a festive and flirty breakfast table?! This is great for couples, families, or groups of friends alike. It’s a great way to kick off the day with an extra dose of love. Or save it for Valentine’s night if you’d rather go with a breakfast-for-dinner theme!
1. (Love of my) Life Cereal Box: First, you gotta give your Valentine something to eat! Come up with a punny play on your favorite cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats, Lucky Charms) or steal ours by downloading this colorful template.
2. Candy Filled Vases: Can’t resist stocking up on bags and bags of Valentine’s candy but aren’t quite sure what to do with it? Or just looking to change up your tablescape? Put two vases together, fill with all your favorite heart-themed candies, and add flowers!
To make sure the smaller vase doesn’t slide around in the large one, use Velcro Brand tape to keep things in place.
3. Striped Heart Straws: Few things make a table instantly more festive than striped paper straws. Give them a little something extra by adding red foam or felt hearts.
To create ours, we pressed a cookie cutter into foam, cut out the heart, then simply cut two slits to slide the straw through.
4. Vintage Milk Jugs + Carrier: Speaking of easy ways to add charm to a table, how sweet are these vintage-style milk jugs and carrier? Thank you Amazon.
5. DIY Heart-Shaped Tea Sachets: Tea for two? Why yes :)
Create your own blend of tea in these sweet little sachets by sewing coffee filters together.
6. DIY Colorful Sugar Cubes: What’s tea without a bit of sugar? Turns out, it is insanely easy to make colorful custom sugar cubes. Simply mix sugar with food coloring, a dash of egg white, and use cookie cutters to make shapes. Bake for a few minutes and you’ve got sweets for your sweet!
8. Hot Chocolate Hearts: Last but not least, something to warm you up. Feel free to cue up the classic 80s ballad, I Melt With You. Grab a heart-shaped ice cube tray, chocolate chips, and get melting. Head here for the full-fledged how-to.
What are your plans this Valentine’s Day? What’s your idea of a perfect breakfast? Talk to us in the comments below.