12 Veggie Hot Dog Recipes for Your Next Cookout
When the weather is nice, nothing hits the spot like grilling your favorite fare. Even if you don’t eat meat, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy tasty barbecue food all summer. There are vegetarian burgers that even carnivores will love, and you can’t go wrong grilling in-season produce. All that’s missing are the hot dogs, and these 12 veggie dog recipes add the finishing touch to a perfect summer meal.
1. Vegan Oil-Free Seitan Hot Dogs: Vital wheat gluten is the secret to these hearty vegan hot dogs, made completely from scratch. They’re oil-free too, for anyone who’s watching their fat intake. (via An Unrefined Vegan)
2. Gluten-Free Vegan Hot Dogs: A lot of vegan meat substitutes rely on wheat, but not these bad boys. Believe it or not, roasted carrots make a pretty satisfying dupe, and can stand up to any toppings you throw their way. (via Vegan a la Mode)
5. Veggie Corn Dog Bites: There’s something about corn dogs and the play between the sweet batter and salty insides that makes it impossible to not love them. When they’re shrunk into party-perfect finger-food, you won’t be able to stop eating them. (via This Savory Vegan)
6. Vegan Sauerkraut Sausage Dogs: Vegan apple and sage sausages are a great weeknight meal. Put them in a fluffy bun and top with fried onion and sauerkraut for a fast and flavorful dinner. (via Well Vegan)
7. French Onion Hot Dogs: Transform your favorite soup into a hands-on meal. The key is using a heap of caramelized onions to replicate that deep flavor, and adding in shredded Gruyere. (via The Curvy Carrot)
11. Banh Mi Veggie Dogs: Use fresh and flavorful ingredients inspired by a Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich to jazz up your meal. Cilantro, pickled carrots, jalapeño, and mayo transform store-bought veggie dogs into something you’ll find yourself craving. (via Ricotta & Radishes)
For more vegetarian dinner ideas, follow us on Pinterest.