How to Make Veggie Burgers for Your Super Bowl Party
Thinking about what to make for your vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free friends coming to your Super Bowl party? We’ve got the perfect veggie burger recipe for you. These super easy kidney bean burgers only need five ingredients! They can be whizzed up in a food processor, so they’re really quick to make too — just throw everything in, press the button and your mixture is ready. The perfect ratio of work to enjoyment :) Of course, feel free to jazz up your veggie burger recipe with extra ingredients if you fancy, or make some simple substitutions; this is a great recipe formula that can form the basis for all sorts of burgers.
— 1 can kidney beans
— 1/2 cup walnuts
— 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
— 2 spring onions, chopped
— small bunch fresh cilantro
— black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius / Gas Mark 6) and lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
3. Form the mixture into two large burger patties and place on the baking tray.
4. Bake for around 45 minutes, or until the burgers have dried out a little and are crispy on the outside.
5. Serve in buns with your choice of toppings.
Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius / Gas Mark 6) and lightly grease a lined baking tray. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. You can keep the mixture a little chunky here if you like, or blend longer for a smooth burger. Form the mixture into two large burger patties and place on the baking tray. If you need more than two burgers, the recipe can easily be scaled up to make four or six burgers. Bake for around 45 minutes, or until the burgers have dried out and are nice and crispy on the outside.
Serve the burgers in buns with your choice of toppings. Lettuce, tomato, avocado and mayonnaise are a great combination! And don’t forget to grab some gluten-free bread as a bun alternative.
What’s your favorite veggie burger topping? Tweet us your answer @BritandCo!