You don’t have to be a vegetarian to love veggie burgers. There are so many unique combinations out there, making it easy to find a patty that you’ll adore and call your own. Whether that be black bean, sweet potato, beet or quinoa, there is a veggie burger out there for everybody! They’re fresh, they’re tasty and, best of all, they’re a great way to stay away from heavy red meat. Cutting meat out of just one meal a day can make a huge difference in your health, giving you more energy and a better body. So, who’s ready to palm a patty? Let’s get to it!
3. Sweet Potato Burgers with Avocado: Sweet potatoes and beans are so healthy for you! Not only do tender sweet potatoes and rustic white beans make for a moist patty, they’re full of fiber, protein and vitamins. (via Lunchbox Bunch)
6. Roasted Garlic Chickpea Burgers: Inspired by falafel, but much more moist and rich in texture, these sautéed patties are good topped with an array of veggies and a sprinkling of feta cheese. (via Saveur)
8. Fresh and Juicy Veggie Burgers: Packed with chickpeas, artichokes, olives, asparagus and quinoa, this delicious burger is topped with melted cheese and marinated mushrooms for a huge veggie fest. (via Food and Wine)
11. Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers with Spicy Avocado Spread: It’s all about flavor when it comes to making the perfect veggie burger, and this recipe hits all the right flavor profiles with teriyaki, arugula and a jalapeño guacamole. (via Simple Love Food)
12. Greek Spinach Veggie Burgers: Flavored with feta cheese, garlic and lots of herbs, this baby can be eaten in between a bun or in a pita with yogurt and roasted red peppers for a low-carb option. (via BHG)
13. Barbecue Lentil Burger with Mango Carrot Slaw: Half of the fun of burgers is all the delicious toppings. This mango carrot slaw adds some bright color as well as some serious yum. (via Vegan Richa)
16. Spicy Vegan Chili Burgers: Love chili but don’t love all the calories? This is one’s for you, packed with all the flavors of chili, like red beans, garlic, chili powder even a little vegan sausage for extra spice. (via Lunch Box Lunch)
17. Basil, Garlic and Tomato Veggie Burgers: Ready for some summer flavors? Check out this burger with garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, served open-faced with a hefty slab of gooey mozzarella and lots of fresh basil. (via Edible Perspective)
18. Quinoa Veggie Burgers with Whipped Feta: Quinoa and black beans are naturally gluten free. Top that with a generous dollop of whipped feta, and you have a burger worth making again and again. (via The Corner Kitchen)
19. Cauliflower Hummus Burger with Mint Tzatziki: This lands on the lighter side of the veggie burger scale with all the flavors of hummus. The cauliflower doesn’t distract from the flavor. It just adds texture and keeps the patties from falling apart. So thanks, cauliflower. (via Oh My Veggies)
Will you be sharing your grill with any of these veggie burger options? Let us know in the comments below!