Celebrate Your Inner Artist With 16 Watercolor DIYs
Looking for weekend or staycation plans? We’re big fans of a stellar DIY, and one of our favorite decor trends at the moment is dreamy, ethereal watercolor. The technique can be applied to pretty much every and any project. Case in point? The 16 we’ve just brought your way. So strap on a smock and get your paint brush arsenal ready for these DIYs that are sure to have you hashtagging #iamcreative all weekend long.
2. Watercolor Tattoos: Show off some sweet ink, even if only for a little while. These watercolor temporary tattoos are well suited for the 4th of July, but they are pretty enough to rock on every holiday. (via Persia Lou)
3. Watercolor Plates: You’d have to be crazy not to love these vivid plates. Anything you serve up on these will be an instant showstopper — even the last-minute, store-bought spread. (via Sugar & Charm)
4. Ombre Watercolor Shoes: DIY sneaker art is kind of our jam here at Brit HQ. This simple DIY requires watercolors and shoes that act as a blank canvas. Make a pair of these and you’ll always be walking on sunshine. (via Lovely Indeed)
11. Watercolor-Inspired Shirt: Wearable masterpieces are always a good idea. Be sure to make this top in every color and wear it on days when you need a boost of creative energy. (via Sincerely Kinsey)
12. Watercolor Napkins: Everyone will want to tuck in at the table thanks to these linens. A fruit kebab nameplate never hurts, either. We recommend making plenty and in lots of colors to achieve tablescape pro status. (via Paper & Stitch)
13. Layered Mug: Hey, morning coffee, here’s where you belong. This mug achieves a watercolor effect using tissue paper. Get your collage on and enjoy your handiwork on a regular basis. (via Kittsona)