Is it just us, or are tattoos having a major moment? From French-girl inspired tats to ink for your wedding, there has never been a better time to explore your edgy side. Whether you go the temporary route or elect to take the plunge, there’s a tattoo out there to suit your style. This season, we’re all about the charming appeal of watercolor tattoos. These sweet designs add a punch of color to create storybook-level illustrations. From fantastic flowers to tiny landscapes, here are nine watercolor tattoos to inspire your ink.
1. The Sound of Music: Wear your love of music on your sleeve — kinda. This staff of notes, complete with multicolored splatters of ink, will let the world know what your first love is.
2. Je T’Aime Paris: What’s better than a stamp in a passport? A tattoo on your arm that pays homage to the City of Lights. This iconic landmark is so beautifully and artistically rendered via watercolor tattoo.
3. You Are My Sunshine: The realism of this sunflower tattoo really highlights the artistry of the ink. Plus, the combination of the yellows, reds and oranges mean you’ll have a slice of summer sun with you no matter the season.
4. Fantastic Flower: Not all ink needs to be hyper-realistic, which is why we love watercolor tattoos. Take a simple illustration to the next level with vibrant colors and soft shading.
5. Mini Landscape: A classic African Sahara scene is artistically captured with touches of watercolor hues. This style looks like it was ripped straight from one of your favorite children’s books.
6. Watercolor Moon: Make a big statement in a small way with a tiny tattoo. This smaller crescent moon set against a night sky is so pretty in a blue and purple color scheme.
7. Elaborate Rose: This amazing take on the trend blends a more traditional tattoo style with painterly details. We don’t know which element is more omg-worthy, the lace wrap or the hyper-realistic rose.
8. Dragonfly Watercolor: This iridescent dragonfly flitting through the rainbow sky takes your typical tattoo into artsy territory courtesy of this gorgeous watercolor effect. Applying the technique to your tattoo is the most sophisticated way to incorporate color, in our opinion.
9. Watercolor Rose: We simply cannot get over how gorgeous this rose is on the model’s shoulder. From the use of negative space to give the illusion of a 3D rose to the artful drop of ink, this tattoo is in a class all by itself.
For more cool tattoo inspiration, follow us on Pinterest!