10 Ways to Rock a Tattoo on Your Wedding Day
Ayesha and Steph Curry are serious relationship goals — Steph got his boo’s initials tattooed on his ring finger because he wanted to honor his commitment to her even when he’s not wearing his wedding band during games. There are so many great ways to show your love with tattoos, whether it’s initials on your finger or thumbprints on your arm. But what about a tat that signifies the day itself? Many brides are getting tattoos that mark the best day of their lives and go beautifully with their wedding gown. Here are 10 women who took the plunge (at least temporarily) for their “I dos.”
1. Something Blue: Finding something blue to wear for your big day can be a little stressful. You could go with blue shoes, though that might throw off your color scheme, or a blue garter belt, though that can be kind of cliché. Another option is going for a blue tattoo. You get to honor a celebrated wedding tradition and you’ll always have a lovely reminder of your big day.
View this post on Instagram
Nothing makes us happier than little tattoos, wispy flyways, lace + two people madly in love. But especially tattoos. 😍 Do you have any tattoos?? Tell us about them!! venue // Dream Catcher Ranch beauty // @justblowdrys @beautybyzenaida gown // @thewhiteflowerbridalboutique #RADweddings
A post shared by Colorado Wedding Photographers (@randyandashleystudios) on
2. Take Flight: Instead of releasing live doves at your outdoor wedding, let the birds fly free on your body. This delicate micro tattoo pairs perfectly with the delicate lace of this gorgeous gown.
3. Portrait Back: We can’t get over this stunning ink. Use your wedding day, and a backless dress, as an opportunity to show off the beautiful artwork of a talented tattoo artist.
4. Beach Fun: Have some fun at your beach wedding with a foot tattoo that announces the union of you and your love as the two of you make your big exit. Go with a Sharpie statement if you’re not ready to to take a permanent body art plunge.
5. Monogram It: Did you get a special monogram made for your wedding invitations and decor? Why not get it tattooed on your hand for your big day? It’ll look great as you dance the night away and will serve as a great reminder of your storybook night.
View this post on Instagram
That shadow on her shoulder though😍 I live for the details. . . #iowaweddingphotographer #midwestweddingphotographer #weddingphotographer #weddingday #details #weddingbouquet #bride #thatlip #tattoo #tattooedbride #whitedress #vsco #vscocam
A post shared by Grace Troutman (@gracetphotography) on
6. Love Story: Give some words of love a platform, and ditch the need for a necklace, with a chest piece tattoo. A wide v-neck provides the perfect stage to show off a meaningful wedding tat.
7. Strapless Constellations: A spray of constellations pairs perfectly with your outdoor wedding and your strapless gown. The dangling earrings, complete with pearls, only add to the carefree bride vibe.
View this post on Instagram
Some details of the last wedding of september...@mariehelene_madameb @fancythatloved @les_georgettes #lovinconcept #weddinginfrance #weddingday #bridetobe #style #bride #rimearodaky #weddingtattoos #tatoo #weddingdetails #love #igersreims #gmg170916
A post shared by Cindy Jeudy (@lovinconcept) on
8. Gold Love: Your wedding tattoo doesn’t have to be permanent — one lifetime commitment is enough for one day! Flash tattoos are a fun and sparkly yet temporary way to rock your bride pride for your nuptials.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Eleanor Jane Weddings (@eleanorjaneweddings) on
9. Accentuate It: Did you splurge on a great pair of shoes for your walk down the aisle? Give them the love they deserve with a pair of tattoos that’ll draw the eyes down.
10. Squad Tats: Brand your bridal party with matching (fake) tattoos. They bring everyone in your bridal crew together and, let’s be real, make for great Instagram pics. Don’t forget to come up with a hashtag for your wedding to find the pics afterwards!
Can’t get enough of bridal tattoos? Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.