There’s a lot that goes into wedding planning, but, no doubt, two of the most fun (and colorful!) pieces are choosing your flowers and doing that cake tasting. Of course, they’re even better when you put the two together. These beautiful cakes are loaded with florals — from the real deal to the paper kind to the ones painted on in sugar! — for a stunning centerpiece that’s almost as gorgeous as you’ll be on your big day. And yes, they’re almost too pretty to eat!
1. Paper Petals: What you almost don’t see behind this gorgeous plumage of paper flowers is a non-traditional wedding cake. What we love most is how the color makes the big blooms pop! (via Wedding Chicks)
2. Water Color Magic: We love this new wedding trend! Instead of using real blooms or sugar fakes, cake artists are painting on flowers instead. This bright version almost looks like a watercolor painting. (via Ruffled)
5. Wrap Around: If you’re not into using the real guys, try this 2D version of florals on your cake. Made from sugar, this flatter (but still textured!) design adds a hit of color to your cake without overpowering it. (via Every Last Detail)
6. Technicolor Rosebuds: Fondant and sugar rosebuds are a classic addition to any cake, but add a technicolor twist of bright colors (plus a few butterflies) and you’ve got one eye-popping dessert. (via Cake Central)
7. Pastel Petals: There’s a whole lotta flower on this cake, but you almost have to look close to find it! That’s because the ombre design is light enough to add beautiful color without drawing attention away from the bride and groom. (via Project Wedding)
8. A Rose by Any Other Name: Where’s the best spot for some flowers? On a trellis, of course! Create a dessert version of a beautiful garden with a gold trellis on your cake, topped with some real (or paper) petals. (via Cakes Decor)
14. Sketch Artist: Not every flower is alike, so it’s okay for your floral cakes to be a little abstract. Lay a hydrangea-inspired design onto your top tiers in a bright and poppy color. (via Sweet Rose Studio)
18. On a Pedestal: This cake is for the Southern girly girl. Loaded with tons of charm it has everything from flowers and polka dots… all leading to one super cute cake topper! (via Southern Weddings)
19. Cover Up: Charm your guests with this build up of all-white petals. Go for the same by mixing different types of flowers together, but keep them all in one color family. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
20. Ombre Delight: After you’ve picked your wedding colors, create a cake that starts with a layer of petaled, ombre icing, then reverses the color palette in full-on flower mode. (via Weddings by Lilly)
21. Vintage Perfection: Old school is the new cool and this one takes the cake for originality. The brushed on florals and black stripe detailing make this cake look like it’s covered in wallpaper. (via Brides)
Going floral for your wedding? What seasonal blooms are you adding to your cake and decor? Tell us below or on Facebook!